Pay Pal Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareng

Reaction score
For those of you who use Pay Pal and have verified accounts, do you have a separate checking account for this? I have some items Ebay that if the buyer wants to pay via Pay Pal then I'll have to have a verified account due to the amount. I'm a little nervous about putting my personal checking account info there. Is there anyway someone could do anything like a charge back without my knowledge? Are there any other options?

Thanks,

Kareng

Kareng,

I have my checking account attached to my paypal it is my regular every day account as well as my business account. If I sell something through my business then I direct the deposit to the business account as well if I sell or buy something for personal use then I direct it through my personal account. Before you actually can transfer funds- I believe they do a test deposit(I could be wrong , it has been a few years)- to make sure the account is acurate. Like they do on your credit card- It takes a few days. I do not know about the charge backs- I have not had it happen, but I would check with your bank.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Tiffany

Paypal is wonderful and I've done most business with it, both personal and business.

When they want to verify your account, they deposit TWO amounts in your account. Once you know the amounts, there's a button that allows you to VERIFY your account. When you have provided that information to Paypal, then you can increase your limit of deposits and withdrawals.

Never had a problem with Paypal since 2000 and it's my preferred way to send money, as it keeps a record for one year.

Been doing it for years never a problem I keep aminimum amout in it.

I have used PayPal since it was pretty much brand new. Never have had a problem with it but I'm always on the buying end.

I do know that several times, I have not gottent the items I paid for on eBay and I have notified PayPal. They investigated and in each case, refunded the money to me. I'm not sure what kind of notice the supposed sellers received but they did have the chance to make their case (wasn't out of the blue).

I have been very happy with PayPal... I have had paypal for at least 4 years or so.

But I do keep a seperate checking account. I guess for my own peace of mind.

The seperate checking account is just for my Paypal account.

I only keep a certain amount of money in that checking account.

And i do the same thing with a credit card. I have 1 credit card that i use only for Pay pal and any other internet purchases.

This card originally had a high limit on it, and that worried me, so i called the credit card company and had my limit on this card lowered to a limit that i was comfortable with.

And they are not to raise that limit unless I personally request them to.

Like is said, I have never had any problelms with Paypal, but i just feel more comfortable doing it this way.

Plus........I tend to buy quite a bit of stuff over the internet,,,,, So knowing that i only have so much money to spend in either my paypal bank account or the credit card, helps me from not getting carried away with my spending.

And it is peace of mind for me.

Latest posts

Back