Paranoid or ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshine2be

Reaction score
I went out to feed and water my boys as usual and made a disturbing discovery..

I wanted to clean out their large heated bucket while it was a little low so I started scrubbing on it and saw something shiney in the bottom. Upon a closer look I discover a partially rusted safety pin that was bent open wide.
new_shocked.gif
Now our corral for our horses is close to our road and we have had people that just stop by to visit. I have placed a lock on our gate but I never dreamed I would have something like this to worry about.
no.gif
I am not usually a paranoid person but I just really don't know what to think. My husband wants to totally fence in our property now, but to do that would cost us thousands. We do of course have their area fenced but I am just at a loss.
sad.gif
What do you think?

If you haven't had any problems in the past I would try to look to the positive and say someone just lost it in the water as they were looking at the minis. Just to be safe though can you move the bucket to the other side of the corral so that passersby can't put something in it?

That would be the most logical solution but due to the way my electric is set up right now it is in the only place it can be. I do have someone who is willing to change that in the spring, so that will definately be a priority!
yes.gif

i have sort of the same problem - i board my horse on a very used popular public road and many people stop by to see the animals. people will feed horses just about anything you can think of, and they are determined! we have a 8 foot high fence and if they cant ram the food through the wire fencing they will try to throw it over. its frusterating. the only suggesting i have, and its not a good one is maybe put up a no-climb fence? with those the holes are a lot smaller then a wood panel fence and maybe people are less like to stick their hands through and less opbjects will fall through? how much of your fence is open to the road? i know you said you dont want to fence your whole property but maybe put up another fence just on the side with the road? sorry i cant be of more help, but i feel your pain, we also have to lock our gates. people are way too foward these days.

Add some electric fence wire on the other side of the fence by the bucket!!

That is a good Idea Jane!
aktion033.gif
I will mention that to my husband. That is something we could do now, and not have to wait until spring.
yes.gif
Thanks!

Put some Christmas lights on it and plug it into the mains- it's fum watching their eyes light up in the dark!!!
smile.gif
yes.gif
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back