Our world show results from Ohio

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Let me just start off by saying that i'm just glad i made it through the heat without having a heat stroke first of all!

We left Wensday morning and get Royal all settled in. He was so much better behaved at this show which by itself made me happy even though our placing's were not as good as our last show.

Royal and i went in first for Classic Sr. Gelding Under and placed 6th in that class. This was our first class of the day so he was still getting the feel of the ring plus when i was getting him groomed i thought they said they were on class 266 (we were showing class 267) and we were still in the stall about a 2 minute walk from the arena and they were really on class 260, number 266 was someone's back number they announced so we rushed up there with Royal half groomed and ended up standing outside for about 9 classes.

Then we went back in for Classic M/G youth halter and sitting infront of the fan for about 20 minutes and actually fully grooming Royal. He behaved himself so well for this class, normally he gets ansy in the ring or before we go in but he did really well other then being a bit pushy before but we're going to work on that. He placed 4th in our Youth Class (my last one
default_sad.png
). I was just so proud of how well behaved he was in the ring that the placing for this one wasnt even on my mind. He also started couphing in the ring a little, he was couphing at the show and in his stall so i was started to get worried. At first i thought it was the dusty TSC woodchips but when he started in the ring i was worried. He has no runny noise and i took his temp when we got home and he's normal, i'm going to give him a day or two and see if it was just something at the show because he hasnt couphed since we loaded him and brought him home.

I have to admit that he could have done much better if i would have put his butt to work. I asked for multiple opinions on him and i have to agree, he needed more conditioning and thats all my fault. We spent allot of time working on halter skills but not enough on the lunge line. I guess we can only improve and i know that next year he's going to do so much better and im going to stop slacking with him on the conditioning
default_yes.gif
:. He's got one more show at the end of aug and i'm going to really crack down for this show with him, this was his last rated show for 06' though.

I think what really marked us down was him over reaching for the treat, i need to start using hay to bait or get him to give me his neck w/out bait and also the fact that i know he was overstretched but i wasnt about to reset him and take a chance of throwing him off so we just had to settle.

Didnt get any pictures because we both were to tired and hot to run out to the truck and get it before the class lol. I'll have to get pictures tommarow with his ribbons. We all had so much fun though, we will deffently be back next year!!! Good horses, good people and good compitition!

Thanks for letting me share

default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your placings. We find when we go to shows we have fun and always find it to be a learning experience as well.

leanna you did a great job and so did royal!!! this was only your 2nd show and i think you did fabulous. you will both get better everytime you show. Also keep in mind there were 4 national champion geldings in your class. Definately great to see such awesome geldings in the ring at one time.

I really think the cough is either dust or maybe he needs a double dose worming. It was awfully dusty everywhere and so dang humid. Black coughed once in the ring too. You could see the arena dust in the air as it was so humid

Congratulations! I know some of the ponies in that class and it was a tough class!

I'm just excited to hear that the Classic Gelding class was well represented.

There was 4 Nat'l champions in one of those classes, i think it was the youth M/G class. But i felt much better after hearing that lol
default_smile.png

What really suprised me was the horse he beat at another show twice infront of two of the judges ended up placing better then us at this show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back