Our Mare Aborted

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedWagonMan

Reaction score
Our senior mare Fikes Shoshoni aborted today. Baby was about 220 days along. She was fine this morning at feeding her normal self running all the other mares away. LOL But I got a call from my mother that lives on our property that there are buzzards in the mares pasture. I went running and sure enough it was a baby. None of the mares were around they were all in the back pasture eating like nothing happened. I checked all the mares and sure enough it was our Shoni Bear. I just sat with her holding her head. But needless to say after a few minutes she was like let me go eat.

Shoni is fine but Julie and I are heart broken. This was our first mare abortion. And the DA@# buzzards go to it before we get there.

Ever so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif

Im so sorry and know how heartbroken you are. I hate this time of year as this is when you start seeing abortions. Dread it every year.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss; every loss is hard, even these unknown foals. At least your mare is healthy. Good luck with the rest of your foaling season.

So sorry for your loss and it never gets easy seeing the abortions. Always a hard loss. Glad your mare is fine.

It is amazing how they just go on, if nothing has happened.

so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif

aww shucks, mother nature has a way of making us feel doesnt she.

Very sorry that has happened. hugs

Thank you everyone for your condolences.

We are very thankful for Shoni being ok. This mare will be with us for the rest of her life weather she can have babies or not. We think this is the first baby she has ever lost. Shoni is such a sweet heart!!

Thanks again!

default_no.gif
:No-Sad Very sorry for your loss. It is great that Shoni is taking it so well! {{{HUGS}}}

Mark & Julie --

I'm so sorry about your foal, but am happy your precious mare is doing okay.

Jill

Sorry to hear of your sad news. Thank goodness your mare is OK. Abortion is too common with minis.
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back