Our little orphan kitten is crashing......so sad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I hate this. We've come so far trying to get this kitten to survive over the past few weeks It's been going great and as of Saturday night, little IT is going down hill fast. And why do these things always happen on a weekend when nobody is around? I really don't know what's wrong. It could be anything. I quit guessing. It doesn't do any good to guess. We are trying to make it a house kitty because due to IT's teeny size, IT cannot survive outside. We kept putting IT back up in the hay room to nurse on the surrogate mother, on and off, the mother of the first litter that is large and very healthy, but IT didn't nurse, so we have IT back on the formula from the vet and karo syrup again, but IT's not hungry and doesn't want anything to eat or drink. It was loaded with fleas so Dan gave IT a warm bath in the sink using baby shampoo. I think the fleas were trying to suck the life out of IT. Dan put it in a little blanket and kept IT warm and then it crawled into Michael's pocket. We think IT's cold so Jerry turned off the air conditioning. IT has not moved off of Michael's sweat shirt for hours. It isn't wanting to play or be cute and bounce around like It had been.

My small animal vet's is away till the end of the week. I had an appointment with Devin that they changed until then. But tonite I figured they just might be on vacation at their house, which they do often, so I drove up there. Sure enough, Mrs. Vet was home, but he wasn't. She said for me to bring IT down to town and they will open up the office for me at 10:30 Monday am to see what they can do.

I don't supposed this can be from everyone handling IT too much? IT's always in someone's lap and being carried around. I don't think so. I just think IT's very weak from any number of things it could be missing in IT's little system.

This is really sad but this little thing is such a fighter, I hope IT can just hold on a while longer. We're all very sad. Wish us hope in the morning that IT lives through the night.

kittieinpocket.jpg

Oh, please know I am sending thoughts & prayers to all of you, I so hope "IT" finds the strength to pull

through. Gosh, you have done everything you can, it's in God's hands now, I hope the best for IT.

default_wub.png
:

Oh no! Sending all kinds of good thoughts in the little kitty's direction! Little Kitty is so cute, and it looks like she has lots of love being given to her.

Aww Marty!

I was hoping things would start looking up for the little fella.

Maybe Bonnie could give you some help??

Leeana H.

Thinking of your little kitty! Hang in there IT !

Marty, we had a kitty abandened about a year ago. She was named Lauralee(because I like Lauralee's name here on forum
default_smile.png
) She came such a long way in a year....had ups and downs throughout year. Always seemed to catch colds.....my guess from lack of imunity from mama cat. Anyways, poor Lauralee had been getting near her 1st birthday. Found her on memorial day dead on side of our gravel road. Apparently hit.....spooky part is.....it was the exact same spot we found her as a kitten almost exactly a year ago. I don't know what made her go back to that spot because she never went on the road. :no:

Marty-

Hoping "IT" made it through the night. A suggestion would be to give IT some warm sugar water - good for energy. If IT was was loaded with fleas that is not good on a kitten that small - doesn't take much to really make IT anemic big time. The very best of luck - hope your next post is good news.

Barbie

oh marty this is awful :no: poor micheal and it, you say it had a lot of fleas,i think it may need some plasma, or a blood transfusion, when i watch animal er, usually if an animal has had a lot of fleas theyve sucked out the blood and made the animal anemic, i really hope your we kitty,comes round again, it was doing so well, i thought it haD GOTTEN OVER THE WORST HURDLE!, i wish you all the best marty
default_sad.png

How is IT doing -- did IT survive til morning and make it into the vet office??

Hoping IT Is fine.

JJay

I am praying so hard that little IT is still with us, and the vet can help her. Poor baby. The fleas probably are the culprit under the circumstances. Just like foals they can go downhill so fast and fleas are so draining on their little systems.

Latest posts

Back