Our first and only foal this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minis2love

Reaction score
This year, like last year we decided to only breed one mare. Mini has proven herself to be a color producer and the very first foal she gave us was a butt blanketed colt. He is just breathtaking. So we wanted to see what the same combo gave us last year and got a dream on 4 legs. A little filly pintoloosa. She is exqusit. So we decided one last foal before we gelded our stallions, Knight and his son Dance(the colt with a butt blanket). We figured we would get color, not sure what kind of color since we had NO idea where the pinto came from for the little filly. So a week ago Mini gave us a little colt (we really wanted a filly). So what kind of color dose he have? Well he is another heart stopping pintoloosa. He doesn't have just a little white. He has a ton of chrome on him and spots to boot. I would LOVE to see how he grows and what he would produce. His sire is a multi reserved champion halter stallion, trail horse AND got top 10 for AMHR for carting. Knight will never produce another foal and Knights first foal Dance won't either. Knight, his sire, and grandsire where ALL size reducers. This boy's great grandsire is Franscisco of Kilverstone. Take a look at him and tell me what you think of him. He is SO sweet. I am going to try and talk my mom in to keeping both him and mini. The little guy has been dubed Little Dude. His sister is only 30" and his brother is about 32", so little dude won't get over 32 IF that.

So for the much awaited photos of this little star.....

P1060669.jpg

P1060673.jpg

P1060674.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He is gorgeous! I LOVE pintaloosas, and his markings are just perfect. If only I had room for another horse *sigh*. Big congratulations!!!!

Very nice! I love pintaloosas.
default_wub.png
As for where the pinto is coming from, I can see it right there on the mare's hind legs. Those white stockings are caused by a pinto gene, probably tobiano from the looks of that colt.

Latest posts

Back