Our Annual Antique Tractor Drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We drove our tractors through the wildlife refuge yesterday. Lovely weather, though a little early for tree color. We made so much noise, there wasn't much chance of seeing shy animals, but we did see buffalo, longhorns, and the prairie dogs. One buffalo was sleeping when we started by. He stood up and shook his head, as though he would charge. The people taking photos decided not to stop for a closeup of him!

Since is was Halloween, I put a few decorations on my tractor. I wanted to use a real pumpkin, but I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to the jolting, so I used a fake one. It is bolted on. My 1946 Minneapolis Moline RTU:

jol.jpg

And this picture shows the giant spider.

spider.jpg

There was another girl driving an Oliver, so it wasn't just for guys. John Deeres, Farmalls, Fords, a Case and my MM:

drive08.jpg

The Medicene Park Marrauders held us up at gunpoint as we drove through town. Then they quarreled among themselves and had a shoot-out (all staged, of course!).

mpark.jpg

This drive had quite a few steep hills, which make me VERY nervous. Our group was supposed to drive up Mt. Scott, but the police refused us at the last minute ( and THEY were not joking).

I bet that was a blast, Marsha!! It is a nice drive in a car, but on a tractor, out in the open air...
default_saludando.gif

OMG I have to show my Father this thread! He is a tractor collector and will get a kick out of this
default_yes.gif

Back