Our 2nd foal and filly of the year!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wc minis

Reaction score
Finally my mystery mare foaled at 10:10 last night. For her 2nd foal, this one was a pretty tight squeeze and glad I was there to help. But when you look at the filly, hard to believe that she came from this mare, she has got some long legs!! Mama is very very protective and is beyond nasty for us to be in the stall or anywhere around her new baby. But I am sure she will relax in a few days. Filly is a little thin and is making up now for the groceries that her mama wasnt sharing with her
default_wink.png
Her coloring, do you think she is a bay or a buckskin? Her sire is a buckskin and dam a palomino pinto, and her coloring seems a little off to me for bay?

IMG_5598.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

awww SO CUTE! the picture with her and the dog is priceless!

Oh, she is so pretty
default_wub.png
I am by no means a color expert, but I will take a stab at it.......she should be a double dilute coming from 2 parents, each carrying the cream gene, so I would say she may color out as a buckskin.

Congratulations! Very cute!I love coming on here and looking at everyones foals, we have been waiting and waiting on ours. She looks about ready to bust and has for over a week. I vote bay also.

She is a cutie
default_wub.png
Congratulations, glad you were there when she foaled too
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your new filly. She could be a dark buckskin...the only way you will know for sure is to color test, but to me, she looks bay.

default_wub.png
:wub AWWW...very cute lil girl!!! Looks light bay to me! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back