Oregon Gold Miniature Horse & Pony Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark & Sharon Bullington

Reaction score
Hey folks - I know I have put this out here before, but I heard that some potential exhibitors don't know this show IS STILL GOING ON. As I have said before, Major DeFoe at the Oregon Horse Center in Eugene, Oregon (where this show has been held since its inception) is committed to putting on a great show, continuing the great tradition began by Diane and Steve Zmolek. The show will be April 24-26, 2009. The show will be judged by Karen Iversen (2009 Shetland Congress Judge), Portia Kalinka (2009 AMHR National Show Judge), and Austin Van Wyck, one of the foremost miniature horse trainers (whose horses won World Championships in Single Pleasure, Country Pleasure, and Roadster at the 2008 World Championship Show).

We hope to have a great turnout for this show and look forward to seeing all of you who have shown at Oregon Gold in the past and helped make it the great show it has become. Please email or call with any questions.

Mark Bullington

I feel like we've been granted a reprieve, since problems beyond our control prevented us from going in previous years -- BUT!! -- we'll be there by hook or by crook this May!

Actually, Susanne - April. Don't come on the wrong month after all of your waiting :DOH!
default_laugh.png
default_saludando.gif

Mark

Hehe...chronologically challenged as usual!

Actually (also quite typical for me) I have it marked correctly on my calendar, but my mouth (and mouse) live in an alternate universe...

Hey Mark,

How would one go about getting a premuim booklet? I would love to go, just need to figure out how much it's going to cost me....

Thanks,

Amanda

I would love to get a copy of that as well.

Hmmmmm Sam might have to do some hard training.............. (Looks at the hair horse in the field)

Really looking forward to it! Can't wait to see the premium. Will be debuting.... YOU WILL SEE!!! hahaha

Actually a very sweet little bay roan gelding who did EXCELLENTLY at his first Happ's Arena Driving Trial last weekend. Who could it be? And another popular favorite from years past. Hmmm

Like Susanne, I have managed to miss this show every year for various reasons and come heck or high water (please God, don't take me literally!) I plan to be there in 2009. No more stifle surgeries, no going to California for CDE's that weekend, I (knock on wood) have a show cart and show harness, and he should be well-conditioned by that time. I'll find a way!!
default_xbud.gif

I am in serious pursuit of driving titles this year now that Western Country Pleasure is taking off as a division. I want me some stakes wins!!
default_thumbup.gif

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Insofar as when premiums will be available. Sharon and I are going down to meet with the folks at Oregon Horse Center tomorrow morning. We will be finishing things up with them and I will let you know in a posting after that when premiums will be available on line and who to call or email for hard copies.

Mark

Is this show open to only AMHR registered horses or are there AMHA classes as well? Might be fun!! Most of ours are double registered but a couple are not.

It is an AMHR/ASPC show. Looking forward to it! For sure!

Squeaky, I was just about to ask that myself.

The Oregon Horse Center has nothing on its events page (unless it just won't come up on my computer, which is certainly possible).

I hope they put something up/out soon...it's silly to have to chase down show premiums...

Then I just have to hope that we can get new horse transport by then...our "mini" van just died.

I talked with them a day or two ago and they said they are waiting for the schedule to be approved by AMHR. When it is final it should be up on the front page of the Oregon Horse Center site, down near the bottom. Not the best marketing in the world. I would DEFINITELY have my event links showing "above the fold" on that web site.

susanne said:
Then I just have to hope that we can get new horse transport by then...our "mini" van just died.
Oh no, Susanne! Eek! I guess that answers the question of whether I'll see Mingus at the NWMHC clinic this weekend.
default_sad.png
Will you and Keith be stopping by at least? It looks like I'm going to be presenting the harness and harness fitting lecture on Saturday and working with Kody in the clinics on Sunday.

Leia

I refuse to give up without a fight. On top of no van, now Keith is sick, so I'm going to have to find a ride to the clinic if he doesn't recover quickly.

Anyone (from Portland and other points south of Longview) have room in their vehicle?

Latest posts

Back