Ordering Shafts for sulky?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
It's my turn to ask ?s regarding shafts. I need to replace the shafts, straight bar and circle barn on my cart. I would like to add a single tree but will re-install the hooks on the shafts the same way as the current cart has. Most of the places I've looked at on the internet haven't had shafts for a sulky (that go full length from tip to behind the seat).

I have an OLD sulky (I've owned it since 1997 and it wasn't new then) - it's been used and it's been left under shelter. I'd say it's been stored under shelter more often then used since I got it.

There is no id on the cart anywhere. The shafts are straight - not curved as I've seen so many (viewed from the side). I have to measure it - length and circumference of the parts. The shafts are long... It originally came with a 12 hh Hackney mare that I purchased.

So ideas? This is the cart that Bit kicked and cracked the circle bar on and I'm glad now that I waited to purchase the parts as now it's ready to replace all the wood (starting to crack, not holding the screws of the metal parts that attach to it). If the blanks are the right size, I can put the holes where I need them for putting it all back together. OR i can measure and take pics of the cart to have someone do it all but putting it together...

Latest posts

Back