Opinons needed-hard situation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't Drink the Water! It could have it as well! And be sure not to eat the cat poop!

Here it is...Toxoplasmosis link....

Accidentally swallowing cat feces from a Toxoplasma-infected cat that is shedding the organism in its feces. This might happen if you were to accidentally touch your hands to your mouth after gardening, cleaning a cat's litter box, or touching anything that has come into contact with cat feces. Eating contaminated raw or partly cooked meat, especially pork, lamb, or venison; by touching your hands to your mouth after handling undercooked meat.

Contaminating food with knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw meat.

Drinking water contaminated with Toxoplasma.

Receiving an infected organ transplant or blood transfusion, though this is rare.

~Karen

It sounds like your cousin is either taking advantage of you somewhat or she just stressed out with

her being preggy. Do the best you can with cleaning the box. You can't be there everytime it needs to be changed. I would suggest some help from the boyfriend. It will not kill him to help clean the litter box.

Marty is right that are important things to worry about but sometimes the little ones just get to you.

I can understand that as a week ago I about had a melt down myself. Everything (all the little stuff) just got to be too much.

Talk to your cousin and tell her you will help with the cat as much as possible but you can't do it all the time. Don't forget to tell her you love her. Maybe she needs to place the cat in another home. If she is this afraid of the cat making her ill, she may not have time or want to take care of it properly after the baby is born either.

Freida

She has a book that says the toxins in cat litter boxes can or will make her lose the baby.
I will just say this.....the pregnant woman and cat issue is real, IF you haven't been previously exposed....the likelyhood of a cat owner not being exposed is pretty slim.......I cleaned cat boxes at home and at the pet shop when pregnant and didn't think twice about it. I have owned cats my whole life and my OB said the chances of my NOT having been exposed already were pretty darn slim. And no I didn't wear a mask or use gloves just washed up and didn't SNORT the cat litter :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

And I agree it really should fall on the shoulders of the sperm donor
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back