Opinions Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horsefeathers

Reaction score
Our little mare was bred last year, but by the dates we showed hand breeding... well, those due dates have come and gone. We know she is pregnant, and must have been "exposed" when our backs were turned. When do you think she is due? I am including earlier pictures and pictures taken today. There isn't much of a bag to speak of, though it is getting puffy. She is yawning, licking and chewing A LOT, and is lifting her tail a lot also. Her back end feels somewhat loose, but nothing to shout about. I shaved the underside of her belly, so that we can watch the shape better...

Thanks for all your input...

Chris

Photos taken on Feb. 24th

IMAG0856.jpg

IMAG0857.jpg

Photos taken today

IMAG0875.jpg

IMAG0873.jpg

How many foals has she had before? Is this her first?

She really doesnt look very pregnant to me... at least not anywhere close to foaling.... It will be interesting to see what others see.

Good Luck!

Lyn

Thanks for looking. This is only her second foal. The last was in '06. Here are some pictures of her then. These were taken on May 2, she foaled one month later on June 4th. Thanks again...

Chris

DCP02275.jpg

DCP02276.jpg

Hey Chris,

She looks just like my Lilly who has skim milk coming out of her bag, but no belly
default_new_shocked.gif

Hey, which girl is this? I cannot remember her name

She may just carry small. She sure is a cutie!

Edited to add: she looks to me like her tummy is lower right now than in the pictures from last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Alicia!

Yep! That's Mollie Sioux! She is such a sweetie, and just so gosh darn cute with her big hair and little round belly! We're so excited about this baby... ring test said it's a filly, so we'll see...

And Bonny... she does hold her figure very well... I too thought she looked lower, just wanted some other opinions!
default_biggrin.png

Thanks!

Chris

Hope all goes well for y'all!

BTW, I saw pix of Sugar. She is looking awesome!!

Good luck to Little Mollie Sioux. I hope you do get that filly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I have two mares that look to be built like her. They do not show until a month before foaling.

(I wish my pregnacy was that way, I swelled up like a water balloon.)

Good luck and Hope for a healthy, happy foal!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

She holds her figure GREAT if she is still so slim and very pregnant.... Let us know when she foals. She has the perfect body for carrying babies!

Lyn

Hi Christine

Since I knew her figure before I think she is pregnant also. She is looking good.

Carlene

Thanks again everyone. I guess we'll just have to keep a sharp eye on her. She is stalled everynight, and has fresh comfy bedding in there, and we have everything ready... We'll just have to wait and see when it happens....
default_wacko.png
I don't like the waiting part.... Our stallion now has a pasture buddy, so he isn't by himself, so he hasn't got to hang out with the girls in a long time... bred or not. I like to KNOW when the babies are due... not real crazy
default_no.gif
about the guessing game...lol

Chris

Here are some photos from tonight... a definate small, hard bag and she is very restless. Tonight when we went to check her she was pushing her hind end on the wall. I took a few pics for my records, thought I'd share for more opinions.

Chris

IMAG0904.jpg

IMAG0905.jpg

IMAG0906.jpg

IMAG0907.jpg

IMAG0913.jpg

Her shape seems different to me. keep us posted!

I would guess she's in her last month, but still has time to go as her vulva isn't relaxed enough yet. And her bag isn't as full as it could be. I'd be checking her twice a day, though.....both her bag and her hindend muscles, etc. She looks like she's one of those wonderful mares who carries their foals almost effortlessly!

Well, we checked her a few minutes ago, and her bag is about the same as it was last night. I'm a bit anxious
default_ohnoes.jpg
, because we have to go out of town tonight, and no one will be here. Last time, of course she was a maiden, we checked her several times daily (and nightly), and never saw anything, then one night we woke up to the alarm going off, and there she was with the baby already on the ground. I doubt she will go tonight, but our luck is funny that way sometimes. This is only her second baby, so we don't really know what to expect her to present, sign wise.
default_please.gif
everyone, just keep your fingers crossed that tonight isn't the night.
default_unsure.png

Well, we just got back from out of town, and no baby, thankfully! I checked her, and things are about the same... her bag is a bit looser, but that's about it.
default_wink.png

I think these mares love to drive their owners crazy! I have a mare walking around twitching her tail and she is not due till the end of May, and she did this last pregnancy too, and just about drove me nuts.

A thought, maybe go back to her original foaling date, add 3 weeks, 6 weeks, etc. to come up with an approximate foaling date. I know how important it is to be home when new foals arrive.

Your mare sure looks good, she will look ready for the show ring once she foals; just like some of these women who have a baby and back into their blue jeans the next week. Not Fair.

Good Luck

Wendy

Latest posts

Back