Opinions on this cart? (Potential purchase)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a really nice cart some years ago. the builder asked how tall the horse was, he was 38 inches. for some reason he put 56 inch shafts on it , man, what a mess. after i got to using the cart the shafts were too long, ofcourse, the builder went out of business and i have had problem after problem. the cart is awesome, the wheels are great, but the shafts have been cut back twice and now they are too narrow up front. buy one that fits. believe me it's worth the extra money.

I am surprised the 56 shafts would be such a problem for a 38 horse. My mini cart has 54 shafts (I specifically wanted 54 shafts and ordered it with that size when I bought it new)my minis are 33 to 38 tall, none of them especially long bodied, and I like the cart for all of them. My first cart had 50 shafts and I didnt like it at all for my 35 and taller horses.

Mini harnesses, of course, are not made for anything longer than 48 shafts, but that isnt a problem for meon my smallest harness I simply use trace extenders, and my other harnesses were custom made, so I ordered them with longer traces.

Latest posts

Back