On-Line Shopping. Anyone else Love it??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvponies

Reaction score
I probably do about 80% of my Christmas shopping on line. I HATE shopping, especially at Christmas time!!! I found the following link that offers coupons and promo codes for a lot of online merchants.

Clever Moms

I am the same way, Kim...and I hate crowds! I buy at least that amount on line, also! thanks for the link! jennifer :saludando:

I love online shopping too
default_yes.gif
:

It's soooo relaxing!

Beware of "Cabin Coupons"

They work... but are attached with SpyWare & AdWare.

Over the weekend I picked up an Overstock.com coupon and when I went to the site I just knew something was following me around...I kept hearing double clicking going on & it was very slow.

I ran Spybot.....and OH MY! there were 6 spy & adwares on my computer.

Be careful...Oh, and there are some great deals on Overstock.com
default_wink.png
:

Come to find out you didn't need a coupon for their discounts & free shipping?

Teri

I would love to shop online.

Living in a rural area where it's just so far for me to be driving, and now with bad weather approaching, online shopping would be the answer for me. I can't stand the crowds anymore and it's just not fun Christmas shopping for me at all this year and is getting me very upset just thinking about it.

Problem is that Jerry is convinced that if he gives a company his credit card # over the internet that someone is going to steal it and then we'll have Identity Theft problems.

I have told him that people shop online every day without these problems but he's still very

cautious about it.

How can I convince him that it's safe?

I love to shop online! I rarely have the time to devote to just plain Christmas shopping... shopping on line allows me to buy it when I think of the perfect gift... not wait until I can get to the store.. (which is great for me as I am REALLY experiencing memory loss lately...
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol: )

Thanks for the link!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horse by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Marty,

I haven't heard of identify theft with on-line credit card purchases, just occassional stolen card numbers (which leads to fradulent charges). To reduce the chance of fradulent uses, open up a separate credit card with a low credit limit, just for on-line purchases; so at least it's a low limit (most credit card companies don't hold card owners responsible for fradulent charges).

I've had my credit card for many years and had absolutely no problems with using it for telephone or internet orders.

I agree with Chanda 100 %

It really is safe...

always make sure when you put down ANY info is has a..

"HTTPS" at the beginning of the web site...

the "S" at the end of https ...means security.

Pay Pal is very safe as well
default_smile.png

Teri

I've also been shopping online for many years and have never had any problems at all. It's great!! Plus lots of times you can find things online that the stores don't keep in stock. I shop at Walmart online every year. My daughters always want DVD's for Christmas and you can find a greater selection at Walmart.com then you can find in their stores. Plus....you don't have to wait in line to pay for your purchases!! My daughters like particular brands of clothes. I can go to the stores' web sites and find lots of clearance items for sale for lots less money.
default_yes.gif
:

I do much of my shopping online, too. Maybe 50%, and wouldn't mind more.

Many of the companies offer free shipping promos.
default_smile.png

I sometimes use PayPal to pay for things through some vendors.

Anyway, I don't know what I'd do without it sometimes since we live in a small town and my giftees tend to like somewhat exclusive or unusual items that are specialty and need to be ordered anyway. I'd be doing a lot of driving to Portland, I'm thinkin'.
default_smile.png

(sorta like the old days! *LOL*)

Liz

When I was driving home last night, I heard on the radio a discussion of a shopping website called thefind.com (link below). You type in what you are looking for, and it searches different stores for availability and prices, so you can compare costs.

I was looking for a John Deere sweatshirt for a Christmas gift, and found some deals!

http://www.thefind.com

Try it!

Liz R.

I also want to shop on online!

I`m not 18 yet so I don`t have any visa card, so I can only watch for now
default_sad.png

If I had a visa card I would buy a 24 cap and 24 t-shirt at http://www.24fanclub.com/ and a calendar of US of 2007 ( I love the US) :bgrin

we only have borring stuff here in Norway *I want to shop online*

Latest posts

Back