Ok,,, I've never admitted it before,,, but I have another obsession

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoeboxstables

Reaction score
HATS.

BIG, GOOFY HATS.

default_rolleyes.gif
default_yes.gif

I love them! When I first started driving biggies, my trainer showed CDEs. She came from a very traditional driving background, and hats were a MUST for the show ring. I blame her for this obsession. It started with one, simple, driving hat.

hat3.jpg

Then, when people heard that I wore silly hats, they all had to give me some :DOH!

hat5.jpg

hat2.jpg

hat7.jpg

When my Oma passed away, I inherited hers! She was a really cool lady, and could pull things like these hats off in regular situations
default_rolleyes.gif

hat8.jpg

hat9.jpg

hat4.jpg

And now, I just plain old love finding cool ones!!!

hat11.jpg

hat1.jpg

(yes- that is a sequined, cloth, cowboy hat. A friend actually forgot her showmanship hat at one show, and she showed a showmanship class in it!!!!
default_risa_suelos.gif
)

This is my newest, and FAVORITE! My mom found it for $10 at Costco! Who in their right mind would buy this other then for horse shows????
default_biggrin.png

hat.jpg

hat10.jpg

I mean, I do have some with purposes, like my awesome cowboy hat, and saddleseat derby, plus my silly 'bean bucket' (helmet)

div-1.jpg

pics011.jpg

divadrive.jpg

but they're just not as cool!!!
default_biggrin.png

Anyone else share this obsession???
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

hahahaha, cute pictures!

No, I don't share this obsession, but instead of hats, I have a whole bunch of fake hair pieces to use for driving (at least 8) :p The only hat I own is my plain and simple cowboy hat
default_smile.png

I have to admit, I also enjoy hats!! I have 2 cowboy hats, and 3 fedoras (SP?) I love fedoras for halter classes and driving, because they don't pick up as much wind, or fall off. I hate cowboy hats for halter, especially when theres a breeze, because I have to be careful not to loose my hat, as well as make sure I'm showing my horse well...it just doesn't work nicely LOL. Yes of course I have to wear it for showmanship, but that I can deal with. But anyways, I love hats, and hope to find some more wild fedoras. Then of course I'd have to find blazers to go with them, but that's another obsession
default_biggrin.png
default_rolleyes.gif

Wow you sure do love your hats!
default_rolleyes.gif

Im not a hat person, at all! I actually dont own a show hat!

There is really no need, as all the yout class I enter require you to wear a helmet...

default_biggrin.png

haha i find it funny that all youth has replyed already except for jill. No, i don't have that obsession.

Your hats are very becoming but then anyone as cute as you could wear anything! I love hats too but only to collect not to wear! Mary

Cool hats! A good place to find unique and pretty hats is at the SASS (Single Action Shooting Society)events. They have a lot that would be great for driving.

Back