Oh, Leia...what's fuzzy, fat and red

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Why it's Pyro in his winter pajamas...you asked for these a while back, and I am late in getting them here, but here he is:

pyrofuzznov07.jpg

He'd just skidded to a stop after running down the hill...his sister Nena is right behind him (same sire, but she's two months younger and a few inches shorter, and much less "nutty" than he is).

pyrofuzznov07a.jpg

He heard something "alarming" (probably the dog running around in the back yard) and not long after this, scampered up the hill. I couldn't get a photo, he was just a reddish orange blur.

pyrofuzznov07b.jpg

The hose was making odd noises due to ice in it. The ice on the water alone is enough to cause a huge round of curious investigation (which takes wayyyy too long and his mother is impatiently waiting to get in and drink). Can you see there is still a neck in there somewhere in all that long fuzz?

Excuse the mud, that is the high-traffic zone just inside the gate and with the freezes and their traffic, most of the grass there is pretty well dead.

pyromomma07.jpg

He sure looks like his mother, doesn't he?

There he is!!

herdnov07.jpg

Here's a shot of some of the horses in the same place. Mouse on the left, Cherry Bomb and then Lailah (or her daughter, I can't tell which) behind her and Pyro right behind HER.

Liz

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh My he does look like Mama, but acts more like Daddy. He is funny with his little frizzy hair! He has a lighter mane, like Mom does. Can't wait to see how her and Nena do at the shows! They may be the last of their kind,,,,,,

Noooo it can't be so....Falcon has to scatter his seed (watched O, Brother, Where Art Thou? last night!)!!!

Hoping you have some half-siblings for 2008 in the oven as we speak.

He's an odd little guy, but I'm sure happy his belly went away (it blew up right after we weaned him, but looks much better now!)...

Thanks for looking. Can't wait to clip both of them next year. Nena's going to be the sleeper, I think. She looks better than she did as a weanie.

I hope Nena looks really nice for the little mares classes next year. I think Pyro looks like he has Falcon's ears...

I wish Falcon would spread he seed more..he needs 7 little girls running around singing for him! I Love O' brother!!!! Wish they would make another one!

I snorted water when I saw the title of this thread. Theeeere's my little man- Mr. Pyro in his jammies!
default_aktion033.gif

He's still got that Falcon hip, Mama's head and color, and a certain resemblance to Brother Mouse. And of course he's still got a neck Liz! If I can manage to see Kody's through his yak fuzz I can certainly spot Pyro's.
default_wink.png
I also can't wait to see him unzipped in the spring but it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't have the "before" pictures like these.

Leia

Cool, you made it in to peek!

He has to go tour around the barn when he's let out in the morning and I notice that as he passes by Gramma's stall, she pins her ears and follows him with her evl eye like she's saying, "keep on moving, you horrid little thing."

*LOL*

She's pretty expressive.

Hopefully I can get some even better photos. He trots around sometimes with his tail flagged and amazes me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, everyone. I think it's a good thing after all, that we have NO foals coming for 2008, as I have not sold either foal, and not really sure I want to!

I AM sending my black mare out for a 2009 foal, but guessing something will happen and I'll have enough room for him or her when they show up. Even if that something is another stall!

Liz

Latest posts

Back