OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS DECORATING THREAD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Let's go guys! Now is the time to get down and serious and start posting your Christmas pictures HERE ON THIS THREAD. This thread will be the only one the judges will be referring to for this contest. Good luck and have fun with it.
default_aktion033.gif

Ok guys I have had too many requests asking for a little extention. The reason of the 15th deadline was to be sure you all got your prizes before Christmas. BUTT~ I will give you all one extra day so the new deadline to submit your pictures will be the night of December 16th.

Be sure you are all online at that time so I can get your addresses from you via pm so your prize will be sent out on Friday am.

Ok so now, get to steppin! DECORATE YOUR BRAINS OUT!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is WRS Farms entry for the horse & cart contest.

Our horse is Mission Creek Strike Me Fancy aka Striker. He recently learned to drive so here he is sporting his Christmas attire.
default_smile.png
Also pictured is me (Rebecca), my husband William, & our dog Slinky who was convinced he could drive.
default_rolleyes.gif

393886214.jpg

Here are some close up shots to show the details.

393886212.jpg

393886215.jpg

393886216.jpg

393886217.jpg

We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & a Blessed New Year.
default_saludando.gif

OOH WRS Thank you for the entree! I'm on the phone now with one of the mystery judges and we are looking at everything going "ooh".....You all look so wonderful!
default_aktion033.gif

Heres my pics of our mini Beauty along with my 4 yr old Kristen and my 2 yr old Sydney. Beauty is Santa,Kristen is Santas Helper and Sydney is the christmas caroler

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

Cart not the best but thought it would be fun to enter the cart even thought we never did parade

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

Here's our Christmas Float! Wish we had better pictures so show all the detail.

We used a flat-bed wagon, covered the floor with twinkle lights and put "snow" over that.

Mounted a miniature size sleigh on it and covered the sleigh with lights.

The back-drop was outlined with garland and the "Howdy" sign was made out of pine cones

and trimmed with sleigh bells. Added a Christmas tree, poinsettias and reindeer for effect!

The whole thing was pulled by our 4-up which were wearing more sleigh bells.

ChristmasFloat002.jpg

Great decorations so far!! I love the black/white 4 up team!! Gorgeous! And the little girls all dressed up are just beautiful!! My 5 year old son dressed up as Joseph and led his donkey for a photo shoot for a local church. Unfortunately I don't have pictures and he wasn't in front of a barn so I guess they wouldn't work anyways, but he and Squishy (the donkey) sure looked good. tee hee. I love this time of year!! Keep those photos coming folks!!

Rimmer fantasic~! I don't know what the heck you've got on your pony's neck going on there but it sure does resemble my red panyhose!

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

Hal and Deb I just KNEW you'd show up with that fantatic hitch of yours! Way to go guys!

Didn't see anything in the "rules" that said that the horse had to be "real".

And I'm not sure which of the two categories this would fit into.

We are getting ready for our Annual Christmas Open Barn - so the decorating

is underway! We set this area up especially for a backdrop for family photos.

100_0854.jpg

100_0855.jpg

Wow, Hal and Deb!! Gorgeous. Look at all of those beautiful carts and wagons!! And the ribbons!! I want to come visit in person!! Too bad you are so very far away. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Decided to go with a more classical/Victorian/old time look. My mom put on the lovely outfit (I'm jealous of her hat) and posed for me for that "complete" look! And Avalon was the lucky volunteer (...and only capable!) who got to pull the buggy.

155738_1495850396449_1239764257_31148349_713615_n.jpg

Just one to kind of set the mood and theme of the set up!

150870_1495830755958_1239764257_31148285_6547498_n.jpg

Side view; my Mom driving, Avalon hitched

154286_1495830915962_1239764257_31148286_2088646_n.jpg

Detail shot of Avalon

155087_1495831315972_1239764257_31148289_3708021_n.jpg

3/4 front (another detail shot)

65805_1495831035965_1239764257_31148287_4418914_n.jpg

Back view

1. Horse and Barn:

This contest will be judged on both horse and barn as one entry. Horse and barn both must be decorated.

Horses need to be real, thought that went without saying.....
default_biggrin.png

OMG what a sweetheart he even has his hoofs done red
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I'm with you Marty! Christmas brings tears to my eyes and I LOVE a good parade! Polk is my Christmas pony this year and so gets to join my daughter, Mickey, and I on our annual Christmas day jingle drive! He did a couple parades with me this year to warmup
default_biggrin.png

Holstein4E.jpg

Holstein2E.jpg

PolkcloseupE.jpg

Polkcloseup2E.jpg

Holstein8E.jpg

What about fake barns ? We are renting this year and have a huge hay barn now, there really isn't any way that I could decorate the real one and be satisfied with it so a friend helped me to see the potential in a big pile of snow to make a more suitable one for photos. I spent an few hours "carving" this barn out of the snowbank and a couple more hours decorating and trying to get a little cooperation from Muff. With a little help from my Hubby, I think we got it !
default_yes.gif

Here is Muffy's "Snow Stable"

photobucket1-1.jpg

photobucket4.jpg

LITTLE UPDATE!

At the moment we are judging and we have two sets of ties!!!!!!! This is cutting it way too close.

I have had to put a call in for another impartial judge to do a tie breaker in the cart division.

You guys are really good. Too good!

We have winners!

But.......I think I"ll let you sweat for a while while I go wash dishes.......

FA LA LA LA LA,,,,LA LA,,,,,,,LA ................LA!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back