NW'ers: How are you all faring...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved from Florida to escape this kind of weather because I do get very sick from the heat and have been hospitalized for it twice! I mean to tell ya seriously sick.
default_smileypuke.gif

So far we have had two heat waves that went up to 104 degrees and that is unhead of up here! I put the barn cats in the horse's kiddie pool a couple of times and the dogs didn't go out except to potty. I began feeding a lot eariler in the morning then usual and the horses came back in the barn before it hit under the fans and gave everyone beet pulp soaked in Gatorade. I brought the horses that were in the run in shed into the main barn. I only had one empty stall and they were happy to share it. I feel the very young and very old are mostly at risk. I worry about that Redneck colt and my old Sonny so I kept them hosed off plenty and they each have an extra fan.

The heat wave quit for now but I know its coming back in August with gusto because that is always our hot month. I"m all for throwing caution to the winds and getting necked and swimming at the nude beach because frankly my regions in parts unknown could use some fresh air and a good wringing out
default_new_shocked.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

5131_overweight_woman_having_a_hot_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, Sauvie Island... the nude beach is the best no matter WHAT you look like...

LOL easy to say Nikki you are young... your boobies dont swing down around your kneecaps yet
default_laugh.png

I guess that would matter if I were the only one at the nude beach, Lisa, but I'm not and plenty of people who go there aren't young, aren't skinny, have had kids, etc., etc., etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nikki,

When you mention work, I assume you've hung out your shingle in Portland as a dog groomer? Can you send a PM with your business contact info?

... your boobies dont swing down around your kneecaps yet
Happy to say that mine never will swing that low
default_laugh.png
but a nude beach still isn't the place for me. I have nothing to be ashamed of but I know some people that do go to the nude beaches....and there are just some things that I don't want to see!!

Besides, it's not healthy to get all that sun on all those parts--give me a nice shady lounger under the sprinkler!! Thankfully, though, it's not that hot here, so cooling off isn't an issue this holiday weekend.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such miserably hot weather in the NW--hard to take when you're not used to it.

Latest posts

Back