Nothin' Says Lovin' Like....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnybunny

Reaction score
You can tell a person has been married a L-O-N-G T-I-M-E to a cowboy when you decide to get him a Manure Spreader for Christmas.

I don't know what brand to get. The Newer Spreader is advertised a lot on HGTV, but I've heard customer complaints that the mechanism inside is not very strong and that it will easily break.

Anyone with a manure spreader want to give me some consumer reports on what brand/type is best? I want to make a wise (and economical) decision for a manure spreader which is durable, long-lasting and works well.

After all, nothin' says lovin' like a manure spreader for Christmas.

(I used to get Diamonds for Christmas, but now I seem to get horse tack.)

I received a ground driven manure spreader for a wedding gift almost 15 years ago. It was an antique then and is still going strong!!

Before I bought a tractor, I pulled it with a Jeep and always thought it would make a cute commercial.
default_smile.png

I wish I were lucky enough to get a manure spreader for Christmas!

I wish I were lucky enough to get tack for Christmas!

Best gift I ever bought my hubby....

who'd a thought that slinging poop could make a man so happy?!!!!
default_laugh.png

I'd LOVE one!! I did ask for a Pitch Fork for Christmas
default_rolleyes.gif

I do believe that manure spreaders are quite possibly one of the best inventions anyone has come up with
default_wink.png
With snow coming, I've had to switch back to using a wheelbarrow. ICK, YUCK!!!!!! I forgot how easy I had it with the spreader!

We have a Newer Spreader. Have had it for probably 5 or 6 years now. Only thing we've replaced in it is the agitator and thats an optional part that doesnt come standard. However, the Newer Spreader itself has been awesome and we have NEVER had a problem with it. We use it from March until November...no problems in the 5 or 6 years we've had it.

~Jen~

Y'all are making me laugh with your comments about my request.

Gosh, I didn't realize what a popular gift a manure spreader might be!!!! Hubby will certainly love it.

Any more brand recommendations, please!

My Newer Spreader was one of my most favorite gifts.
default_wub.png
We have the small one that we pull

behind our four wheeler. We have used it daily for two years or more and only had to replace the rubber piece on the bottom just recently. I love it and highly recomend it. mary ann

Thanks for posting this.......

I think I need one of those Newer Spreaders
default_smile.png
.......the 100 looks perfect!!

Sue
default_smile.png

We also have a Newer Spreader and have not had any trouble with it. We pull it with our golf cart.

Gary

I would love a little manure spreader to run behind my 4 wheeler! Unless it is near zero, if you fill it and run it out right after, it should not freeze and should spread just fine.

Great gift!

We have a Conestoga manure spreader, their smallest version, and we love it. We pull it with our zero turn lawnmower and it works great. We did have a belt break on it, but that was because my dad tried to spread frozen manure. It holds a ton, with seven horses, five of which are big horses, we only have to spread once or twice a week. My mom and I bought it when my dad broke his leg a few years ago, and we refused to go through all the trouble that he did in creating a manure pile, then redistributing it around the yard a few months later, way too much effort!

I am actually house sitting for a lady right now that has a Newer Spreader she pulls with a Bob Cat, a bit of an overkill, but it works! I don't think that she has had any problems with it. It does not hold nearly as much, but I bet it would be perfect for minis. The one she has holds four full buckets, and with her two large horses, must be spread every other day. They are really nice and light though, and simple to use.

I cant offer any advice on brands but we just bought an old manure spreader from a farmer and I already LOVE it -- doesnt look very pretty as it is old but it works like a champ
default_smile.png
We can pull it with the 4 wheeler but it is bigger so hubby normally just hooks it up to his flatbed truck and pulls it around the pasture to spread the poo
default_smile.png
Great thing to have...

I can't remember the brand of ours but it is one of the 'wooden wagon' types. It comes in several sizes and we have the smallest size. We pull it with a Sears lawn tractor. It holds about 24+ stalls worth of cleanings. We replaced one board on the side and one drive chain last year and it's about 9 years old...sits out in the weather year round with manure in it.

Charlotte

From everyone's replies, it seems that a manure spreader will be the perfect gift for a cowboy (or cowgirl).

Just wanted one that was trouble-free. Can't stand it when you get something new and it breaks right away or won't work properly.

Appreciate y'all for your input!!!!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back