New Years Food and/or Traditions?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Just started a pot of ham and black eyed peas. My normal New Years Day dinner. Been doing it so long now I've totally forgotten why I started it; except that I like them, and I only fix them once a year.

Anyhoo got me wondering what special new years food and/or traditions others have. Anybody wanna share?

We always make tamales for Christmas Eve and eat left overs for lunch on New Years Day (though I think we've already finished them off this year!)

left overs from New Years Eve, this year not much because hubby and I went out for steak supper.

So today, english muffin with pizza sauce, sweet pickles, pepperoni, oinions, tomatoes and lots of cheese.

Last edited by a moderator:
We always have saurkraut on New Years Day for good luck. It is cooking right now with sausages added. It is just about the only time of year that we have saurkraut...lol.

On New Years Eve we like to nosh on finger foods. Wine, cheese, crackers, pepperoni, green olives. On New Years day it depends where we are going and what the weather is doing. We got some snow yesterday and it's cold and raw out...so I'm making a rice soup with beef. Late tonight it will be a movie On Demand and snacks!
default_thumbup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We always have a special breakfast/brunch of strawberry crepes and spanish torta (an egg and potato dish). We were just talking today about how and when this tradition started and neither of us can remember! We've been doing this for at least 15 years though.

We always have saurkraut on New Years Day for good luck. It is cooking right now with sausages added. It is just about the only time of year that we have saurkraut...lol.

Lol..........in our house the same. Sauerkraut brings good luck and money in the house

Happy 2010 to all

Anita

We just eat what ever. Today I am making a corned beef. I tossed the ham out. We never freeze the ham bone and I have a problem eating anything that has been in the fridg for more than 3 days.

Black eyed peas for luck LOL. The rest of it is subject to what is going on that day, but by now I feel like I've done nothing but eat for the last month so New Years day is usually light......black eyes and pimiento cheese sandwich for dinner tonight, and the last of a fruit cake.

Jan

here at the hotel we start with a prosecco appero, then a 6 corse meal. traditionally here you serve at midnight a bundnergarstan soup , and naturally we have lots of fireworks. i was here on the 31 st from 8 am till 5:30 am the next day...I am still tired.
default_wacko.png

When I was growing up my mom always made Cheese Fondue for New Years Eve........ And to think I've never made it!
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back