New pics of my stallion Nick

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Well we really tried. This little guy has ants in his pants and its very hard to take his picture when he'd rather be eating the grass out from under him. I'm trying to get some weight off of him. He's a porker and the bod is so out of whack now from no exercise its not even funny.

Here is Nick out front. He was supposed to be in front of Michael's Weeping Willow tree but he was goofing off too much today so I didn't get to show you the pretty tree.

outfrontbysign.png

This is a good example of a black horse with a sunbleached mane. I can't stand it anymore, I'm fixing to dye it. He's a true non-fading black but his mane and tail get reddish. I just shortened it up last month to get it off his knees but we still go through show sheen on a daily basis. ugh

pasture2.png

Here I was trying to get him to hook his neck without him leaning forward, no such luck. He was messing around and kept creeping to steal his treats. What a goober.

hookneck.png

And this is overkill.......He totally fell apart here. What is this Nicky? What is this supposed to be boy? Heck if I know.

frontpasture1.png

and here's me:

5131_overweight_woman_having_a_hot_.jpg

Thanks for looking anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's looking good, Marty.

His mane doesn't look that bad. I wouldn't dye it though unless you are planning to show him... the dye can be more damaging than just leaving it sun damaged. It may bleach out further if you dye it.

I'd suggest putting a nice deep conditioner in it, to prevent brittleness...

Thanks for the pictures!

Andrea

He is a real handsome boy, Marty! His neck goes on forever...doesn't matter what position he's in, you can see that gorgeous neck regardless! HEY.....love the pic of you too!
default_biggrin.png

Marty, I think he's very, very handsome! Like the others have said, what a neck!! You don't get a neck like that everyday. He looks like a show quality horse to me and if you sell him, somebody is going to be very lucky to get him!

Thanks so much! Mostly everyone else can take a decent picture or have professional pics taken but I just kinda punt with the little Kodak and hope for the best. No I don't show Nicky, he has his faults, I'm not barn blind but he is a sweetheart who Michael and I spent a lot of time training and mannering when he was a colt.I've always said if you can't handle this stallion you don't need one and boy if that ain't the truth. I have never had one complaint about Nicky; he's always been such a good horse.
default_wub.png

I'm going to try again to get his picture by Michael's Weeping Willow tree, its so pretty.

Maybe he'll keep his feet where they belong. We both need to just spend time and get out there and practice more often.
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god Marty, you're killin' me here! You are just too funny! Love your pic the best, LOL

I know what you mean about trying to snap a decent pic.... it's just about impossible sometimes! And dont you love it when they lean soooooo much cause they are trying not to move their feet but reeeaaally want that cookie- they almost do a 3 point landing on their nose! LOL

Honest to God Marty you crack me right up ------------------LOVE the photos of you!
default_laugh.png
default_risa_suelos.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif

Nick looks great!

Marty:

Princess said to tell your boy Nick that if her Mom ever quits this silly driving training stuff and just lets her do what she wants, she would love to meet Nick. By the way she thinks he looks just fine.

ruthprincess2.jpg

Her mean ole' Mommy, Ruth

Latest posts

Back