Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy Porter

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Peggy and I just joined this forum. I have a 13 yr old mini gelding, Sundance Kid, that I drive in local driving shows and on trail drives with a carriage club. We are both self taught, so it's been a matter of trial and error for much of our driving experiences. The people in the carriage club are a huge help to me, and so was a clinic with Mary Ruth Marks. I'm looking for a trail driving buddy in the Chicago far south suburbs. Any one on the forum from this area? I also hope to do CDE someday, although there are not many with VSE in this area. I really enjoyed the post about Happ's CDE by Leia. Any one planning on attending the Driving Digest recreational drive at the Kentucky Horse Park in October? I heard that there were no minis at this event last year. We should have a few representatives this year, don't you think? I'll try to post a photo of myself with the Sundance Kid. This is a photo from last year- I have since purchased a custom betathane harness with brass fittings from Sandee at Iowa Valley carriage. It fits him much better and looks gorgeous! I LOVE it. My cart is from Pam at A Silver Penney Farm, also made to my specifications. I LOVE it!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/112...-NRKBM-KWI5.JPG

:saludando: Hello, and welcome from NW PA.. I'm new to the mini world.. I just love this forum.. Everyone has been wonderful and helpful.... I'm to far away and my mini's aren't trained to drive or I would love to drive with you.. But just wanted to welcome you... very nice picture of you and your gelding...
default_yes.gif
:

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see more pictures of your boy, sounds like you're having a lot of fun with him!

Welcome to the forum! Always nice to see someone enjoying their Mini between the shafts!!!

[SIZE=18pt]Welcome :saludando: from the beautiful state of East Tennessee! :aktion033: [/SIZE]

Bill

:saludando: Hi and welcome !!!! :488: You will love it here . I sure do . :aktion033: And you will learn a lot from these fine people . They are all great !!!
default_thumbup.gif
: Jody

:saludando: HI Peggy! Welcome and hello. We certainly wish your were a bit closer to you and we'd come drive trails with you! As you can see we have a small just for fun driving club. Mostly trails although we plan to join in a few parades next summer too.

So nice to meet someone with similar interests! Carl drives Shadow (Stars Last Chance), his 3 yr old gelding and I drive Shammy (Alliman Joy's Color Me Shammy) my 16 yr old mare.

His cart is a jog cart he refurbished like new and he loves it. He also built a chariot! My cart is a lignite made for me by Jim Dingman in Wisconsin. I don't have it yet, supposed to be finished for me in August and I can't wait.

Unfortunatly our harness is another story. Shadows is a good one but I have yet to find just the right one for Shammy. (that I can afford:) Still recovering from my cart cost:) I would love a Smuclers but don't show so looking for something good at a lesser price. Would like round blinkers too and try to get that on a cheaper harness!

Anyhow, glad to meet you. Don't go away because if you blink you might miss something good! :bgrin

Carl and Maxine

Hello Peggy

Welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Hi Peggy! Welcome from Southern Oregon! I'm just getting into driving this year and really love it! :bgrin

Hi Peggy..

Welcome from the southern part of Arizona... You'll enjoy your time on the forum. There's lots

of good information and friendly people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! :saludando: You'll love it here!

I think it would be really fun to do the driving day at the Horse Park I didn't know about it last year, and was so disapointed when I found out about it. I had been out there for a x-country schooling that day anyway, so it would have been easy to have taken a mini out. Maybe this year then!
default_yes.gif
: I thought I saw some minis out there that day, but they could have been small ponies, I was a ways away from most of the driving.
default_unsure.png
:

Anyhow, It's great to have you on the forum! :bgrin

Welcome to the Forum from Little Folks Farm in Connecticut. I'm a new driver myself and my driving horse is Copper and he's a lot of fun. He makes #13 here in miniatures.

Joyce L

Hi Peggy

Welcome to the forum family, its a great group here. And welcome from Texas.

I wish I was closer, but I love Texas, so you have to move here. It sounds great

to drive on trails. We have no place here to drive. We live in the City right now, but

trying to sell and move. Hoping to go back to the country. You got to take pictures

of your mini and you on the trails.

Weclome

Vicky

Welcome to the forum!

I didn't know about the drive at horse park, but it would depend on the dates as the AMHA World show is in October.

If there isn't a conflict, I would love to go as well. Please tell us more about it.

Darn, just checked the dates and they do conflict with the World show. Well, would have been fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to the forum ... all the way from Bavaria, Germany :saludando:

Conny

Latest posts

Back