New McDonalds commercial

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
I've seen it twice now--first there's a guy that approaches a Mini/small pony that's standing tied to a lamppost, then he's riding the little horse, then there's another guy also riding the little horse. I said are they REALLY both riding on that poor little horse??? Whether he's a mini or a pony, he's not that big, and yes, if they're actually riding on him (not a computer simulation) they are truly sitting on him, definitely no feet touching the ground in this commercial.

Now if you want a useless commercial, to me this is it. I still haven't noticed anything in it that actually advertises anything at all, until the golden arches shows up at the very end. If there's a point to the commercial, I'm so busy looking at that little horse carrying two riders that I totally miss the overall point of the commercial. Granted, the horse is only walking, and he doesn't look like he's having any trouble carrying two riders, but still, IMO, what a stupid commercial. It's even worse than the stagecoach one advertising high speed internet.

lt aired this way about 2 weeks ago. The first time l saw it l thought l was half sleeping and seeing things just like the guy on the commercial but the second time l thought lordy it's one of them big R minis but now when l see it it must be a pony because the 2 on it's back have no bend in there kness and there feet are a good foot of the ground. l thought it was dumb.

I've seen it twice now--first there's a guy that approaches a Mini/small pony that's standing tied to a lamppost, then he's riding the little horse, then there's another guy also riding the little horse. I said are they REALLY both riding on that poor little horse??? Whether he's a mini or a pony, he's not that big, and yes, if they're actually riding on him (not a computer simulation) they are truly sitting on him, definitely no feet touching the ground in this commercial.

Now if you want a useless commercial, to me this is it. I still haven't noticed anything in it that actually advertises anything at all, until the golden arches shows up at the very end. If there's a point to the commercial, I'm so busy looking at that little horse carrying two riders that I totally miss the overall point of the commercial. Granted, the horse is only walking, and he doesn't look like he's having any trouble carrying two riders, but still, IMO, what a stupid commercial. It's even worse than the stagecoach one advertising high speed internet.

Yes, I've seen it twice now and I'm absolutely mortified. Computer generated or not, it certainly does'nt send any information regarding miniture horses that I would want the public to be privy to. I would'nt sit one adult on a miniature let alone two. Look again the next time you see the ad and the horse is very definitely straining under the load. McDonalds and their advertising firm should be very proud of themselves for this pile of horse p--p.

I have seen it too and I really don't think they are actually riding it. If you look really close then it looks computer done but I agree that it is sending a really poor message. There also doesn't seem to be a point to it either. Dumb.

I haven`t seen it yet, hope I DON`T!!!

I am so tired of commercials using animals as their pawns...saw enough of the Taco Bell dog and the resulting puppymills bursting at the seams to produce more and 'cash in' on that ad.

They may not be "hurting" any animals..but people see that and think they can do it too. There are just so many stupid people in this world...grrrrr...
default_frusty.gif
:

I've seen the ad a couple of times, too, and IMO, it's not a matter of whether the horse/pony is being hurt (which I'm sure it's not) or whether there is a person or two riding it, it's all about the WRONG MESSAGE being sent yet again about minis. (I also agree with your comments, Cyndi, about using animals in advertising.) The general public is all too familiar with that poor little dwarf (Peanut) that was being displayed all over the map, and it seems everyone on the planet is aware of those "seeing eye" minis. This just adds to the problem of misinformation about our breed. :no:

I have seen it a couple of times and I expect there will be lot of people thinking they can ride these little horses.

It sends a very bad message, and no matter what we say about how much weight, if any, is on our minis' back, people will believe it's okay because they saw on t.v.

A lot of the bad things that are happening today are due to television and movies showing how to do it.

I know I am showing my age, but I am really dissappointed that that commercial is out there.

It makes me feel sick.

Haven't seen it, and hope it doesn't come around here. I agree, bad message. Animals in movies and commercials has always sent people out to go buy one that looks just like what they saw so they can brag. Then they learn that they don't want the responsibility and the poor animal ends up neglected and in a homeless shelter. :no:

~Karen

Latest posts

Back