New Here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penny

Reaction score
I'm new here...I'm a 57 year old granny who doesn't know when to quit!!!!! We have 4 horses...1 QH, 1 pony, 1 mini and 1 TWH....but am looking for another mini for driving as the one we have now has a bum leg and I don't want to overly stress him....the lady whom we got him from said he got kicked in the hock when young, but they didn't call a vet to have him checked, so his leg pretty much stays straight, but he CAN at times bend it...Poor guy, I didn't know about the leg until we picked him up..yes, I could have refused to buy him then, but after seeing where he was kept I didn't have the heart to leave him there...dry lot, no shade, junk everywhere and the people didn't seem very knowledegable about horses in general....So, he's home with us and being spoiled to death...the people also said he was hard to catch but we haven't had any trouble with him...He nickers and comes running to us...He loves his treats!!!!

I have always been a pony lover and my kids when growing up had their share of them...Now I find it harder to ride and want to get into the driving...Not to do the big shows but open shows and fairs and I think there's a cart club around here...Just want to have fun and enjoy the lil critters.....

Penny

Glad to have you here. You will find lots of helpful things. If your mini has a locking stifle, and it sounds like the case, there are several things that can help. First of all Fluid Flex or something like it with glucosomine can be bought at a farm store and put on his food, secondly, my mare with a locking joint does better with more excercise. So don't disregard your guy and thanks so much for taking him out of a bad situation.

Welcome from Nebaraska.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Penny :saludando: to the forum from the thumb area of Michigan.
default_yes.gif
:

Welcome neighbor from across the river. Good that you rescued the mini. Seems like he is happier with you also. Come back often - we are an active bunch of chatters here.

Latest posts

Back