New book you guys would enjoy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
It's called Last of the Saddle Tramps

A 7,000 mile equestrian odyssey through the USA by Mesannie Wilkins.

It is available at the normal places but I am encouraging people to buy it at http://www.thelongridersguild.com as this is a really neat organization that is trying to find and make sure that the stories of people who took long trips on horses were preserved for the future. I am not explaining it very well, I'll blame that on the percocets I am on
default_thud.gif
and the heat (102 degrees outside~!)
default_10_2_12.gif
But you get the idea.

Very entertaining book so far, and I am only 60 pages into it. Basically it is the story of a 62 year old woman in 1954 who is told she has 2 years to live. So she buys a horse packs him with her stuff and rides from Maine to California after not having ridden in many years.

I do have to share another one with you, the stories are good, not horse related, and I am only slightly biased, written by my housemates' son. This is his first titled Ruins of the Mind by Jason P Stadtlander. It is a book of short stories. I have only read the first one so far and it is really good.
default_firstprize.gif

Latest posts

Back