New babies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frekles93

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I work at a clinic so I see a lot of life and death. Well I got a call today and Doc wanted me to come in a help with some goats a lady rescued. The man she got them from where letting the does just drop them anywhere in this very cold weather here. There where dieing. This lady saved 11 and didnty know ANYTHING about them....... Doc wanted me to fo access the 8 at her home. She brought the 3 worst to the clinic. I went and saw MUCH more then I wanted...... COLLECTOR.... ( not even going to start on what her house was like) her heart was in the right place but man she didnt need the 5 I left there... I have 6 babies here now with the 2 worst in the house. They are on IV fluids and being tubed. 1 outside is being tubed but the others nurse very well. Well here they are.... keep them in your thoughts.....[/SIZE]

April

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

Oh my goodness, that is so sad.. That little (Boer?) baby lying there...Thank you so much for helping them, I am keeping those little goatie babies in my thoughts...

Oh my.. Those poor babies! That Boer (I am guessing too) lying there just breaks my heart.. Prayers for all of them to make a full recovery.

I wish things like this never happened.. :no:

[SIZE=14pt]Yes they are all Boer crosses.... all very small though.... The shed babies are doing great. Box babies are hanging in there. The blond is painful.... gas so she got some banamine per Doc. Red is breathing but a little labored. They where xrayed and Doc think that one got milk in its lungs..... All of them are named.. Blondie and Big Red are box babies.... Two Tone, Baldy (has small bald spot), Red Head and Spaz are the shed babies. Very happy with them... I may not let them go to another foster home... they all may stay here!![/SIZE]

April

Oh What sweet little babies!! How wonderful that you get this chance to save them. I'll keep them in my thoughts.

[SIZE=14pt]Yes they are all Boer crosses.... all very small though.... The shed babies are doing great. Box babies are hanging in there. The blond is painful.... gas so she got some banamine per Doc. Red is breathing but a little labored. They where xrayed and Doc think that one got milk in its lungs..... All of them are named.. Blondie and Big Red are box babies.... Two Tone, Baldy (has small bald spot), Red Head and Spaz are the shed babies. Very happy with them... I may not let them go to another foster home... they all may stay here!![/SIZE]

April
BLESS YOU APRIL, praying that they make a full recovery........

OH MY! My thoughts and prayers with you and the goats! Looks like those 2 in the house have a longe road ahead of them! :no:

Oh I wish I were closer! I have the perfect set up for poor sick wee ones. I pray they make it, bless your heart for taking them, I wish the other 8 could be saved too.

good for you! :aktion033: :aktion033: sending prayers for the babies and for your sanity :bgrin isn't ijust awful what some people will do to their animals...

oh no, Thank Goodness you could help them!

I always find it so weird when people simply don't care?

Even from a $$$ standpoint why breed the goats if you don't care the outcome of whether the kids live or die.

So very sad!

Wonderful you are there to help them
default_yes.gif
:

I'm so glad you were there to help them! I love kids....they're so adorable.
default_wub.png
: I'm praying they all make a complete recovery!

What beautiful and adorable babies you have there. I've always wanted some pgymy goats, but just don't know much about them so have held off. I sure hope those babies make it. Will the woman give up any of her others?

You have a great big heart, April. Bless you!

MA

[SIZE=14pt]UPDATE!!! The red head is doing GREAT I just knew I was going to have to bag him... both box babies are nursing and doing wonderful......[/SIZE]

now another twist.... the lady kinda got mad at us because we wouldnt flat out tell her WHERE and WHO and WHAT anyone was doing with the babies. She turned them over to use to find homes. Now being the person I am with my farm expirence, Im realistic. In the Ozarks WE EAT GOAT. She wants to find PET homes for all 11 babies. No likely here. She came to us for help because she couldnt do it all by herself, with the "collection" she has going. 40 some dogs..... IN THE HOUSE and so on. I ended up give 2 of the ones I had back to her BUT we got 2 a home and I am keeping the 2 sick ones and she also brought me another that isnt doing good. I figured the ones where doing well.... I needed the ones that wasnt going to make it .... please dont judge me for returning them to her.... I thought at the time it was best. At least I got the worst ones. Chances are I will get more from her later...

April

Prayers going out for all of them...and you are a very special person.

Clara

Aww Cuties!!
default_wub.png
: We're expecting some babies in late August :bgrin Prayers for the Box Babies
default_wub.png
:

Yo did what you thought was best at the time- and, as you have said, this keeps options open with this person.

No-one here will criticise you for that- you have already done so much.

I am realistic about goats and sheep- they are not pets to me, I would eat the neutered bucks too- no problem.

So long as they are well cared for and slaughtered humanely, I have no problem with eating anything, really.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back