Neverending Saga: I finally got a new shower!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Lily Munster here, Mistress of the Mansion again reporting on our bathroom renovation.

Its been weeks since we began the bathroom renovation. And of course, nothing can go smoothly. I just knew once Hus began whacking on walls and tearing up floors, it would open up a can of worms a mile long.......and so it did. The good news is that nothing creeping or crawling came out of the woodwork as I suspected, but the rot was beyond belief which caused extra expense to replace a lot of things we hadn't planned on. The worst part is that Hus has not had but one to one and a half days a week to work on it, thus, little progress has been made. Every time he thinks he is going to get atleast a few hours to work on it, I swear, something comes up that is "more important". First the dryer went BOOM, then his truck had issues, then Dan's truck had issues, then the mower had issues and I have been ready to tear my hair out because he cannot stay on task without an interruption. This bathroom renovation I fear is going to take another month. :arg!

Last weekend was the pits. He was under the house working on the plumbing and found problems with that he had to address; another dang hold up. Then, his saw broke and it took him the rest of the day running around to find parts to fix it, then the next day to get it up and running. By the time the saw was repaired, he forgot some tools at the shop and back down to town he went, loosing the entire weekend.
default_frusty.gif

Tonight, we had a breakthrough....literally. He removed the big ugly fiberglass cruddy shower/tub by sawing it out in pieces and throwing it out the back door. It is presently residing in my truck to haul to the dump. HURRAY!

The new shower is now up and running and we both took our first showers in it tonite.
default_risa8.gif

It has its own light switch and a fan that goes on inside it, two marble shelves for soap and shampoo etc. and a marble seat for my tush should we care to sit down.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

So what's left to do? You name it.......the floor has already been torn out, the rest of the walls will be torn down and replaced with new dry wall and paint and tile accents and lighting. The new unfinished vanity is sitting in the garage awaiting to be stained with the linen closet doors. Then the floor gets tiled and eventually it all gets put back together.

After that, the kitchen floor........Hus just doesn't know it yet.
default_biggrin.png

This is Hus cutting out the old shower......that thing was nasty

shower006.jpg

Bringing it out in pieces

shower001.jpg

My pretty new shower

shower003.jpg

With shelves and seat

shower004.jpg

Close up of the tile

The shower floor is the same as the accent pieces. We still have to get a door for the shower so for now we are just using a curtain.

shower005.jpg

Would anyone like to come over and use my shower? Please do!

Love,

Lily

LILY-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! I am sure it was very satisfying to take a shower in there.
default_biggrin.png

Wow, girl, you must have felt like you were in a fancy hotel taking a shower in there!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Wish OUR bath was that nice. Dad redid our tub (with the matching "Oh my Lord, look at the rot!" saga you experienced) last year but the replacement is worse than the original. Urgh. Instead of icky grout we now have sections of white plastic wall that constantly break the constraints of Liquid Nails glue and gape, inviting (you guessed it): Rot.
default_wacko.png

I'll come take a shower at your place any day!

Leia

P.S.- Happy birthday, Michael. You are missed.

Wow Marty - Jerry did a beautiful job - and in my colors too. I'm impressed. Shower time will be fun time now.

Barbie

Congratulations Marty, enjoy your new luxurious shower!!

That is gorgeous Marty! Enjoy many years of happy showering, maybe one day I can come and take one there!

Ohhh I love the 'seat in the shower' idea. I'd sit down and never get out again. We will be starting on our bathroom renovations shortly too. It might be sooner than later as we are almost falling through the shower floor as it rots under our feet.

Your bathroom looks fabulous Marty!

Its gorgeous Marty. It looks like something you would find in the Ritz Carlton, lucky dog. Now you just need one in the barn for bathing the minis in winter
default_wink.png
, even has a nice little seat to sit on when conditing manes. Congrats. cant wate to see the finished bathroom.

Hus is back home early again today so now the bathroom is completely gutted! All I have left is the shower! No walls, no floors, nutin honey.

shower022.jpg

I'm pretty sure that nasty ugly old leaky window will be leaving the building too~

shower023.jpg

No sink, and oh no....where's my toitee???

Thar she be all disconnected sitting over yonder where the bathtub is going to be......Needless to say I've had to borrow a stall today
default_blush.png

Just hope he gets it connected back right after dinner. What a night to be serving stew......
default_footinmouth.gif
default_ohnoes.jpg

shower024.jpg

And there is my old bathroom waiting to go to the dump tomorrow. I should be a real hit driving down the highway looking like a old rotten bathroom waiting for a place to happen.
default_new_shocked.gif

shower025.jpg

When do I tell him how much I really NEED my kitchen floor tiled?

It looks awesome Marty! I'm looking forward to the finished pictures.

Latest posts

Back