Need the help of my forum friends....name this item

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn R

Reaction score
I am at a loss of what or how to even search for this item on the web. Bear with me, my sweet 10 year old is an awesome kid, but unique, to say the least. Where he comes up with this stuff, I do not know. Well, on his very short list for Christmas this year, he has written " a long coat ( the "ya wanna buy a watch " type coat)"

He actually wrote the "ya wanna buy a watch type" on his description. I know he means a watch peddlers coat to put His little accouterments in. But I'll be darned if I can come up with any combo of words that will lead me to a coat with assorted pockets and hooks inside.

Any clues would be appreciated. God love him, he never ceases to make me smile, he deffinately is his own individual person.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tab
Perhaps he means a trench coat? You could check them out by google or ebay.

Rats, I clicked the wrong button, and lost my whole post.

I googled trench coat with lots of inner pockets and got lots of hits, and had typed them, but lost them with the wrong button push. Google "Watch salesman coat", there is a listing on Kijiji just a few down the page.

Fishing coat?

How about just ask his mama what he's talking about

no self respecting cowboy would be without his Duster or Drovers coat :eek:) but you can try google long trench coats for boys and that might help you. good luck!

Marty, it's my son, I know exactly what he is talking about, just don't know what to call it. It is a trench coat with the pockets and clips on the inside , like the ones the street peddlers use to sell watches and gadgets. Chanda and Debbie, I'll have to search those options and see what I come up with. He is such a funny kid, an honest to goodness sweet boy with a heart of gold, often referred to by his teachers as an old soul in a little body. The first to hold a door or offer to carry your bags for you, a true blessing.

Carolyn, I think your son is very clever in his Christmas request!! I am a retired teacher, I taught special ed for 9 years in public school and then kindergarten for 9 years at a private school and I had children like your son over the years. Some of these children did march to their own beat and ya know what?? I LOVED it!!!!! Children like your son would always brighten my day and make teaching a joy!! No I never knew what some of them would come up with from day to day but I couldn't wait for each day with them!!
default_yes.gif

I would search trench coats or perhaps there might be some type of coat/jacket under spy items with secret pockets?!? I will take look too......... Oh I hope you find it!!!!
default_yes.gif
Yes your son is a true blessing and I am sure his teachers enjoy having him in their class!!

Haha I love his description of that one. Double check on the dress code rules for his school before he takes it there. Some of them dont allow the trench coats.

I am been trying to find one on the internet with no luck, and I am usually pretty good at it !! Will keep trying...

I was just thinking, maybe there isn't a name for one, maybe watch sellers just made the inside part themselves with hooks or pins, etc. They probably weren't made as a watch sellers coat per say.

I've searched high and low to no avail and even asked my theater friends about what to call it. I did find a child's duster trench coat at costume supercenter.com for 29 $ you could go to the fabric store and buy snaps and lingere hooks to stitch inside it for him. You could even buy dollar store watches and stitch them in it for him. I would buy felt squares and sew the hooks onto rhat then velcro the felt to the coat lining for a smoother look. Have fun.

So I found a fabric printed with a variety of wrist watch pattern graphics at modes4u.com. you could buy him a trench coat and line the side panels with the print and when he opens the coat the watches will show. (This only works if he doesnt actually want to peddle watches.light-blue-fabric-for-boys-with-wrist-watches-Robert-Kaufman-171730-1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back