Quantcast

Need orphan foal quickly!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

timjudys

Reaction score
We are hoping that there is a miniature foal somewhere out there that is in need of a momma. Our brrodmare lost her filly during birth and is grieving very hard. I am willing to pick up an orphan, raise it, and then make arrangements to return it. All we want is the pleasure of nursing and imprinting a new foal, and for our little mare to have the fulfillment of raising a baby. We live 40 miles north of Tulsa, Oklahoma. You may respond to this e-mail or call us at 918-333-4184. Thanks!!!timjudys@fullnet.net

Marty

Reaction score
Oh you poor thing......I think in times like this I have learned that breeders milk out the mare and freeze the colostrum and it's good for over a year and put in zip lock storage bags. But I really hope you can find a foal that needs help too. Hugs.

js1arab

Reaction score
Just a thought, but I have heard of just a few cases where the mare wants to be a momma so bad she'll let a goat nurse. Only heard this, never tried it, but if you can't find a foal you could give it a try. Maybe even if she won't let it nurse - it would still keep her company and you could milk her out as mentioned. Good luck and wishing you the best.

K

kaykay

This very sweet woman called me on the phone to offer her mare and hubby and I were just astonished! I had looked over the saleboard but didnt see anyone needing a wet mare. Have you posted it there?

So sorry about your foal

Latest posts