Need orphan foal quickly!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timjudys

Reaction score
no.gif
We are hoping that there is a miniature foal somewhere out there that is in need of a momma. Our brrodmare lost her filly during birth and is grieving very hard. I am willing to pick up an orphan, raise it, and then make arrangements to return it. All we want is the pleasure of nursing and imprinting a new foal, and for our little mare to have the fulfillment of raising a baby. We live 40 miles north of Tulsa, Oklahoma. You may respond to this e-mail or call us at 918-333-4184. Thanks!!![email protected]

Oh you poor thing......I think in times like this I have learned that breeders milk out the mare and freeze the colostrum and it's good for over a year and put in zip lock storage bags. But I really hope you can find a foal that needs help too. Hugs.

Just a thought, but I have heard of just a few cases where the mare wants to be a momma so bad she'll let a goat nurse. Only heard this, never tried it, but if you can't find a foal you could give it a try. Maybe even if she won't let it nurse - it would still keep her company and you could milk her out as mentioned. Good luck and wishing you the best.

This very sweet woman called me on the phone to offer her mare and hubby and I were just astonished! I had looked over the saleboard but didnt see anyone needing a wet mare. Have you posted it there?

So sorry about your foal

Back