Need Info. on two Miniature Mares Bloodlines Please?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Gray Heart Mini Horse

Reaction score
I have two miniature mares I wanted to know more about there bloodlines and if theres any pics of them too.

And I also was wondering what patterns my 2 miniature mares are and my paint QH mare too.

Do any one have info and maybe pics. of theses horses named: CROSS COUNTRY CALL ME MISTER (stallion), SWEETWATERS SILVER FROST (mare), Sunrise Hill Desert Seranade (stallion), Flabys Dainty Lady (mare), Kegleys Desert Gold (stallion), Bond Bow Knot (mare), Brewers Orion Starfire (stallion), Deiles Showdown Princess (mare), Lazy N Red Boy (stallion), Hobby Horses Ebony Miss (mare), Sweetwaters Shine Boy (stallion), Sweetwaters Lil Silver Smoke (mare).

Let me know if the pics dont work?

Heres my QH mare Shes the Buckskin paint?(BELOW)

072.JPG

Heres My new mini mare The Bay appaloosa?(BELOW)

Treasure.jpg

bailey 004.JPG

bailey 005.JPG

Heres My other new mini mare The Sorrell Paint?(BELOW)

Rosie1.jpg

Rosie2.jpg

And if yal want tell me what yall think about there conformation?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try Googling? A lot of times you can find more info. Red Boy is a very famous stallion and you should have no problem getting info on him.

Good luck!

I also suggest googling, you should find a lot of info from that. Does your qh have any black on her or in her mane/tail? I'm not good with appaloosas, so I'll let someone else help you with that. But yes, your mare looks like a sorrel pinto. I'll be glad to give my opinion on the mini's conformation, but its hard to tell the way they are standing. Could you post pictures of them standing square with their heads up? That would help a lot. From what I can see, they are very cute
default_yes.gif
. Your gonna have so much fun with them!

There was a thread on here not long ago about the death of Kegleys Desert Gold, you can do a search and it has pictures of him there.

ok will try and get beter pics of them. and i did find Lazy N Red Boy and Hobby Horses Ebony Miss to just cant find pics of her and cant find the other horses as I dont know what they look like.

Thanks guys

here some with there heads up Sorry it took so long

This girl is a granddeaught to Lazy N Redboy and great granddeaught to Rowdy

New Mares 011.JPG

Treasure ( Mare I Am Buying ) 2.jpg

Heres my other mare they are not bred

bailey 024 (2).JPG

Hi again, It's great you could get 'heads up' pictures. I like the first mare, especially in the second picture of her. Both of them look a little too heavy on the front end for me, but thats JMO. It might not be that they are heavy on the front end, but light in the rear. The first mare looks a little cowhocked, but it's hard to tell from the pictures. If you plan on showing her in halter, I'd just make sure to hand set her feet so she doesn't look cowhocked to the judges. Just an example of the good hand setting can do- I took a *green* driving mare to Nationals last year, and she got a Top Ten in versatility (with knocking down a jump). This mare is the most cowhocked animal I have ever seen... when you just see her standing in the pasture, her hocks touch! Sorry, I got a little off track...
default_rolleyes.gif
I think the second mare's neck is a little short for my liking, and ties in a little low. Both of your mares are more of the "quarter horse" mini type, insted of the "arabian" type you see in the show ring right now. I personally prefer the arabian types, but again JMO. Even if your mares don't show well in halter doesn't mean they can't do performance! I'd like to hear others opinions, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2nd one i cant show in halter as she has crooked teeth as when she was younger she was kicked but she looks cowhocked there as she was crooked there but i plan on geting beter pics of her standing beter the first mare is a Lazy N Red Boy grandaeughter and a great grandeaughter to Rowdy. I plan on showing the first mare shes a 9 year old but need some tips of how to make her not pushy as she gets pretty puchy and how can you make them stand still and stand right for the shows to and what should i do to get her ready for the shows.

Thanks

Ok, I just replied to your other posts. But to get her ready for halter, you will need to clip her body in a 10 blade, and do her face in like a 30. If you've never clipped before, I would suggest pacticing way before you plan on showing. If you want to, I'd suggest razoring her nose and above her eyes as well. Then you can put baby oil gel on those places at the show and she'll really shine. If you are pulling her mane to make it that short, please stop. We really don't pull manes much in the minis. You need to let it grow out longer. Also, I would clip a longer bridle path on her. Make sure you clip the "V" around her tail. Also make sure she will trot and walk on command, and stay with you. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Also, try searching on the forum for more info.

Thanks but If her mane was pulled it was from the old owner as I just got her on Aug. 6, 2011 same as the other mare too. and I have clipped befor but now I have to get me new ones as mine had stoped working I only had them since Dec. 25, 2010. The bay appy is naturaly shinny and shes a taller mini then i'm used too the sorrel paint i measured to be 33" tall and shes a 10 year old I would love to show her as she very calm and gentle for me to handle as I am in a wheel chair and shes easy for me to handle.

Oh ok. Sorry about that. I hope others will chime in about the sorrel pinto's bite, because I honestly can't remember if AMHR checks bites on mares. Even if they do, you could still show her in halter, they would just take points off. If she's very calm, I think she could easily be trained to do showmanship, and confirmation isn't a factor in that.

Latest posts

Back