Neck sweat alternatives

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebelsHope

Reaction score
Hello-

I am not show my, now oversized, mini mare but I wanted to slim down her throat latch area for driving. I don't want to spend the extra money for a neck sweat if I don't need to. I had an idea and wanted to run it past others. I was wondering if I could use a polo wrap wrapped around the throat latch area while exercising. I would NOT leave this one her unattended, just when I was working on her. Would that work?

If not are their any alternatives to buying an actual neck/ throat latch sweat?

I made a belly sweat using an old neoprene back support, taking out the padded 'bars'. It works great, so maybe a neoprene knee wrap or similiar would work
default_biggrin.png
. Or try saran wrap under the leg wrap...but like you mentioned I wouldn't leave it on unattended.
default_wink.png

If neoprene actually provided localized fat burning, don't you think there'd be human sweats? ;) It just dehydrates the tissue. So once she drinks and that tissue rehydrates, the size returns.

Sorry, if she's thick through the throat she's thick through the throat.

They do make human neoprene sweats, when I was slimmer I wore a stomach sweat pretty religiously when I exercized.

Now, I just dont care. Im out of shape, and the more I try to get in shape, the worse off I am.

I personally wouldnt use polo wraps though. If you look around online you can find a lot of good deals. I have never paid more than $20 for a sweat. I have traded tack for my lined sweats, purchased neoprene sweats and lined them with fleece, and used regular neoprene neck and shoulder sweats.

Back