Natural Remdies.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellen

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you wonderful members I learned the benifits of coconut oil, may I say what a God send. So I thought I would add a few, and ask all of you to share.

So, Coconut oil for diareah

Karo syrup for ulcers

Corn oil for ulcers

Charcoal fo bloat, colic, diareah, poisoning

papaya juice for all stomach upset

honey for allergies

valerian root for pain assoc w/ colic

royal jelly to boost immunity

goat milk for ulcers

bacon grease for wounds to prevent white hairs

coconut milk for ulcers

apple cider vinegar for flies

and below is my fly soray recipe, pleas add your natural remedies.

Kurz Family Fly Spray

1 part blue dawn dish soap

3parts white vinegar

4 drops citronella oil

4 drops cedarwood oil

4 drops marigold oil

4 drops eucolyptus oil

Shake well and use on horses, dogs, cats daily!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great topic...love to go natural when I can. Going to try your fly spray recipe. Where do you find your oils for it though?

Ellen

I love natural and thanks for posting ! I have earned some much from this forum . BOSS are great for shiney coats , I use garlic for parasite and fly control. Thanks for sharing ...keep em coming
aktion033.gif
....Ann

As it has been used for 1000's of years, coat wounds with honey. Anti germ. And helps heal quickly, without proud flesh. If you don't have honey, use sugar.

Any health food store or online will have the oils that you need to complete the fly spray reciepe.
yes.gif

What a great post...Reo I had never heard of the honey trick nor had I heard of bacon grease for white hairs.

What is Royal Jelly? That I have never even heard of.

Royak jelly is from a bee hive. It can be purchased freeze dried in capsules or in bulk and it is good for us as well.

Back