Nationals and/or Worlds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Driving the furthest to attend? I can't believe how far away some of these people were and drove for days in some cases.

So who wins?

Give us your miles driven, or hours in actual driving time. We need to know if you are giving us just a one way total, or round trip.

I only drove 12 hours and it isn't easy alone. Sometimes I wonder at what hour mark away I would have to be, to not attend.

Our drive to Nationals was a mere 999 miles each way. But it was a great drive, other than the RAIN the first night and a brief trip through downtown St Louis. Got to see some of the city
default_wacko.png
- just would have preferred not to be hauling our 3H trailer!

My money is on Mountain Meadows! That is a long drive from Washington! But then there is Patty Cloke, et al... maybe one of her customers from the further reaches of Washington!

I would bet that the Best girls from New Hampshire would have a shot at the longest distance.

Patty Cloke and I are pretty close - it is around 2400 miles to World's - just over 2150 to Nationals. Patty is probably about 10 miles farther than me! Long 3 day drive, but it is fun to see different parts of the country. I am always amazed at how much climbing we do during the trip - there are parts that have us going over 8800 ft in elevation
default_new_shocked.gif
- but it takes nearly a full day to get that high so you barely know that you are that high.

Needlesstosay, it is always nice to get home safe & sound.

Stac

Oh well I am a bit farther than Mountain Meadows..I live in Armstrong BC Canada....dont know mileage but it would be a loooong drive
default_smile.png

Raven has the exact number with her at school (for a project as make up work) but I believe she traveled close to a total of 4600 miles or so round trip. She went from here in ID to WA to travel with the trailer from there they went to OK and back 3 traveling days each way with the trailer and then Raven flew back and forth from here to WA.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are REALLY lucky and are only about 30 miles so we are one of the shortest!

Actually I take mine back...anyone who came from New Zealand/Australia...I heard there were people from there...

Latest posts

Back