National Call-In Day for Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
I received an email from a highly reputable equine rescue and sancuary this morning and thought i would share.

(I hope this is ok to post on here??)

Today (October 19th )is National Call-In Day for Horses to encourage Congress to vote on the Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act.

They ask that all horse lovers call House Spreaker Nancy Pelosi (202) 225-0100 to schedule a vot enow on H.R. 503.

And Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid at (202) 224- 3542 to schedule a vote on Senate Bill 727.

The following is not to be taken as an opinion or statement of opinion in regards to my personal feelings for or against this matter, I will keep that to myself. This is provided for those of you asking, nothing more and nothing less.

"What is HR 503........" This from the internet, not my words, but what this matter pertains to.

109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H.R. 503

To amend the Horse Protection Act to prohibit the shipping, transporting, moving, delivering, receiving, possessing, purchasing, selling, or donation of horses and other equines to be slaughtered for human consumption, and for other purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting that Carolyn... Am I to assume that this is to stop the transporting of horses to Mexico or Canada for slaughter?? Then what WILL happen to those horses??? Will they be sent to rescues?? Or???

I am also a bit concerned about the "and for other purposes" at the end. Could that be interpreted to mean the shipping of horses for other purposes might be prohibited?? I assume they mean "shipping for the purpose of slaughter" PERIOD. Or maybe not????

Prevention of Equine Cruelty sounds so bland...

Jen, Thanks for posting this.

I hear ya, I beleive the other purposes would be for pet food (yes, people seem to think quality companies do not feed fido horse parts,they still do, now they just ship in frozen carcases), mopac that uses a certain amount of animal matter as fertilizer, hides for tanning, anything that would prevent further use of the animal.

Scary thing when politicians are asked to represent matters they have little or no insight on, no matter what side of the spectrum they are representing.

Latest posts

Back