My winter project for the front lawn..........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"City Slicker"

Reaction score
well someone tossed this little horse statue out to the road side :new_shocked: so I decided with a little work and paint I could restore this to new, well the original colour sucked, a real pukey :smileypuke: yellow. 3 legs where just rebar left and really decayed body. I started to rebuild the legs, patched up the body and rebuilt the sheath area. I gave it a coat of white paint and did some airbrush black to see just how it would look after it was done :new_shocked: So I'm going to repaint white, then do it like Tonto's colours and display it out front! I don't have to worry about someone walking with it as it weighs a ton! I can't belive something this small (16" at the withers X 24" tail to nose) takes two to lift it!!! I almost put my back out just moving it around to do repairs to it!

StatueHorse01.jpg

StatueHorse1.jpg

repairs to front legs and completly rebuilt left front leg

StatueHorse3.jpg

repair rear leg and repair sheath area

StatueHorse4.jpg

all repairs done to legs and body appox 5 weeks and first coat of white paint to seal it

StatueHorse5.jpg

StatueHorse6.jpg

now for some airbrush work in black to see how it looks.... yep have to do it pinto like Tonto!

StatueHorseFinish1.jpg

StatueHorseFinish3.jpg

I think it would look better as a Pinto !

Bob, you did a great job!!! It's going to be fantastic in your yard! I love it when people make something totally cool out of something discarded. Awesome!

Wow! If you goof up and spray it all black, just go ahead and ship it SOUTH and I will put it in MY yard!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Is this the Lil Beginnings version of "Flip that Horse?"

Great job Bob. Tonto should be happy with yet, another playmate!

Any pics of Tonto for us?

Hey, that's really cool! But I think you should definately add some leopard appy spots to it..........and then send it here
default_yes.gif
: !

WAY cool! :aktion033:

That reminds of the show on, I believe, TLC, called "The Junk Brothers".. they drive around a city and find something that someone has thrown away, take it back to their shop, fix it up and put it back where they found it.. (all this is done anonymously). It is REALLY funny to see the people come out and try to figure out what happened... :lol:

Maybe you could be the "The Junk Brothers Other Brother"... LOL!!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Can't wait to see the finished horse. It's going to be beautiful in your yard.

How come no one ever throws anything like that away around here! :no: Not that I could make it look that good - way to go Bob!

I found it.

Can you tell me what you used to patch him up?

How is he holding up?

I recently rescued 2 from the side of the road also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently your slightly faster than I am! I kept thinking all day, what is Cowboy's dad's name?
default_smile.png
Yeah, where it the finished product?
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back