My take on the height situation..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the difference between 36" at the withers or 34" at the lasts hair of the mane? The horse is still the same height . . . . do people really care if it makes our breed "sound" taller? :DOH!
From the sounds of it the answer to this for many people is yes.

Thank you Laura!
default_biggrin.png
When I decided to become a steward, I swore to myself that I would be as honest as possible. Do I make mistakes, yes, I am human, do I try to do the very best I can, Yes. I know this has nothing to do with AMHA, but wanted to say that I do, for a fact, know there are some very honest AMHR stewards! And, if AMHA decides to have actual, paid stewards, I would be happy to be an honest AMHA steward.

Pam

Great post Laura!

I for one would love to see a breeding division - like the foundation minis - for horses out of AMHA registered stock that go over whatever measuring means we choose. That will help alot with keeping people honest. It truly is ludicrous to espouse protecting the integrity of the 34" mini by people that have 'taller' minis in the back pasture.

Will it stop cheating at shows - hardly. The people that are so ethically challenged as to have to cheat to be competitive will always look for an edge over the competition and will not care how they get it. Those people are to be pitied, just think how sad and pathetic their little lives are that they have to cheat at a horse show!

I do like you're idea Laura of eliminiating the over/under - AMHR doesn't need that! Just have the miniature classes by height division - I'm sure some would hate it as there would be a big height difference between the under 28" and the 38" classes. LOL that is one of those things that just occurred to me when you wrote that - why do we have an Under/Over in AMHR? They're all minis so ???? Do we need to divide it into Under/Over?

Wouldn't it be great to be able to take the best parts of AMHA and the best parts of AMHR and make one really fabulous registry?

lei, Sory you seen what I said as you do. If you would have taken and read the whole of what I said you then wouldn't have just picked out one part to put me down with. Maybe you are the one that is ranting and raving because I simply stated my opinion and did suggest something...oh well some will just never see anything other than the way they want to. Sorry you were so offended. I think there was an attempt by someone to try and fix a problem but it just was not accepted by many.
default_unsure.png
Oh for Pete's sake. :DOH! I quoted only one line because I find it entirely obnoxious to take up bandwidth and the reader's time quoting an entire post everyone has already read. I was not offended, I was annoyed by...oh, nevermind. It isn't worth it.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back