My son is an addict

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love sharks! It's on my "list of things to do before i die" to go cage diving with Great Whites at least once.

There is a exibit at a near by zoo that has a Sting Ray and shark exibit. They have bambo sharks and 2 types of stong rays, the rays have had their barbs taken off and your allowed to walk up to the pool and pet them as they swim by. They are really friendly and often swim up and nudge your hand if you just leave it in the water. I love it, I've been to the zoo three times this summer so far and plan on going back as many times as possible.

miniwhinny said:
They become tame and will feed from your hands.
Is this something like being invited to dinner by a tiger??
default_unsure.png
Feeding FROM my hands is okay...feeding ON my hands is another issue entirely!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png

Leia

miniwhinny said:
They become tame and will feed from your hands.
Is this something like being invited to dinner by a tiger??
default_unsure.png
Feeding FROM my hands is okay...feeding ON my hands is another issue entirely!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png

Leia
HAHAHAHHA you guys are tooo funny. Seriously...although don't be spreading this around because there ARE guys out there who have "pet sharks" not for the love but for a status symbol...kind of like ' I have a pitbull who has eaten 10 babies"...even though most pits are THE most awesome dogs ( I LOVE em) These sharks are the same way....their teeth are tiny...wayyyy smaller than a hamster lol....and they aren't at all agressive. The larger free swimming, people chewing sharks just can't be kept in the average home aquarium. They're 6 inches at birth...hold out your hand flat...thats palm to finger tips.

OKAY that's it ...enough talking..I'm off to order another shark RIGHT NOW LOL>...

My son may have gone cage diving...I'm going to up him and put mine in the bath tub with me HAHAHAHHAHAHA (JK)

stormo41 - yup, you ARE hooked...hey maybe we could start the 1st annual LilB's SHARK DIVE
default_biggrin.png

when i went swimming with the sting rays they didnt have their barbs taken off and i was in the middle of the ocean

stormo41 - yup, you ARE hooked...hey maybe we could start the 1st annual LilB's SHARK DIVE biggrin.gif
Sounds good to me! but I cant afford to take a trip right now..maybe next year! But the sharks and rays at the zoo will be good enough for me for now
default_smile.png

I forgot to show you my "pet" sting ray, Salter Water, He lives on my bed
default_laugh.png

6240_129828550730_710540730_3534334_7713913_n.jpg

I love sharks!!! Actually I love bat rays and stingrays more, but sharks are just fine by me. I've gone snorkeling and caught little leopard sharks off of Catalina Island and stuff (of course I didn't take 'em).

The aquarium store near my parent's house has a lot of sharks and rays for sale. I think they have a NICE setup. To me, it looks like they took a big waterbed, and just lined it somehow to make it a big, shallow open-topped tank. It's got coral and lots of filtration. But the size of the waterbed makes it so they can swim in large, endless circles with plenty of room. They are all pretty big, leopard sharks and other similar sized ones and some rays, a few feet long.

The larger the saltwater tank, the easier it is to maintain. I've never lived anywhere where I could have a BIG tank, so I've always had smaller 10 and 20 gallon freshwater tanks. If I had a saltwater one, I'd go BIG.

That's what I would do if I had sharks... i just don't think a traditional aquarium is sufficient, unless it was reeeeeeallllly big, like a commercial restaurant would have or something.

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
Back