My newest Mares Color Experts LOL What color do you think this mare is?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
This is my newest mare.I am so thankful for my good friend Tamara for allowing me to own this fine mare.I am so excited.I can't thank her enough.

Dam is Black pinto Sire is few spotted appy.Her skin is pink on her nose.She looks pure white. I have had gray horses, but she doesn't look gray. She is 5 yrs old.

EchoGracie1012 065.JPG

EchoGracie1012 067.JPG

EchoGracie1012 056.JPG

EchoGracie1012 061.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
EchoGracie1012 045.JPG2nd new mare Buckskin mare.I can't thank Tamara enough for allowing me to own sure nice mares.I am so excited.

I got my new mares today.

EchoGracie1012 047.JPG

Any idea what color few spot the sire is? It could make or break determining her color.

Like both your new mares, but the buckskin is my fav.

What is the sire's breeding and his pedigree? She doesn't look appy, she looks grey probably with pinto gene(s) that helped the greying process along. Knowing the pedigree might help though
default_smile.png
Congrats on the new mares!

Max Sabino + a few Appy characteristics....
Do you think she is gray?

Her sire is few spotted appy and dam is black pinto.Her sire has had all appy foals so far.Her sire looks white with appy spots as well.

No--unless one parent is grey she cannot be grey. I agree with rabbitsfizz---maximum white sabino and appy characteristics

Meant to add--congratulations on your new mares! The white one is cute--I like her!

No--unless one parent is grey she cannot be grey. I agree with rabbitsfizz---maximum white sabino and appy characteristics

Meant to add--congratulations on your new mares! The white one is cute--I like her!
her sire is listed APPY gray on amha, but he looks as white as her. I was told few spotted appy can look white

There is also a chance he could be grey. Who is her sire?

sire BREWERS SPOTS BEFORE MY EYES

dam MatchBox Cricket black pinto(I trying to find her if anyone knows who ownes her now.Tamara doesn't own her anymore.I would love photos of her to

My buckskin mare is Jill's Buckskin full sister
default_smile.png
.I am so excited.I love this mare and her dam and full sister.

Today she was running

EchoGracieoutside1012 025.JPG

EchoGracieoutside1012 104.JPG

EchoGracieoutside1012 138.JPG

EchoGracieoutside1012 167.JPG

EchoGracieoutside1012 204.JPG

Well, I think i've figured it out. The sire is LP/LP tested so the mare must have LP (appy) but, the sire has no spots in the picture I found and I did find a son that showed pictures of him through his greying process and the dam is a sorrel pinto, so the sire also carriea grey. So, I think this mare is an appaloosa (maybe pinto if dam is pinto) gone grey.

She looked gray to me, but I know nothing about appys. But I do know that any color or pattern can turn gray, which is what it looks like happened. It will be most interesting to see what this mare produces! Or you could get some color tests done.

You might be able to get a better idea if she were clipped and/or wet down so you could see her skin color. That should show any app or pinto spots.

Back