My new Welsh Pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR

Reaction score
Hi

I picked up my new welsh pony yesterday! He is doing great so here are some pics of him. The cool thing is his name is Easter and I got him easter weekend! He will be 4 the 20th of this month

Just so you all know the T post are now covered so no fear there and the halter was taken off after I was done playing with him! So no worries there! I had to re build a pen fro him becasue alot of my fences were taken out during the winter ice storm

EastersFirstDay2.jpg

EastersFirstDay1.jpg

EastersFirstDayEyeClosed.jpg

EastersFirstdayPrettyBoy.jpg

EastersFirstDayTrot.jpg

Pretty pony but you have your work cut out getting weight on him!!

How big is he (which section??)

Gosh, he DOES look like Faith :new_shocked: I wish I could get her to show off her trot like he's doing.

He's purty
default_wub.png
:

What a pretty boy!!!!

He does need "some groceries" but I am sure you got some
default_yes.gif
:

Can't wait to see him shed off! He looks like a very nice pony
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww he is a cutie, and a beautiful head on him! I'm with Rabbitsfizz - what section is he?? We have a little wee Welsh A stud, and these welshies have such personality! I'm sure you'll love him.

His papers say he is an Section A I think he is bigger than that.

YEah where he came from he has only been on pasture for the last 8 months! They were not giving him grain but he sure did remeber what it was he saw me feeding and went nuts yesterday!

RNR

I'm glad to finally see your new boy after hearing about him for so long! He is a pretty boy for sure.

Thanks For all your coments on him! I am impressed with how smart he is At first he was a little hyper but I feel that was from being out on pasture for 8months! If anyone has any ifo on these guy that wouls be great!

Thanks

RNR

THanks! He is soo sweet

I am amazed at how fast he learend when I am feeding!

He is a cutie. He does need weight but I figure you'll get that taken care of in no time :bgrin .

Check out this link to get an idea of what a Section A ought to look like
default_wink.png
: just so you have an idea of weight. They are chunky and cresty/cobby.
default_wink.png
: OH and in the US they can be no more than 12.2 which is 50 inches at top of wither.

http://www.glenhavenwelsh.com/section_a_welsh.htm

this is the link to the welsh pony and cob society where you can learn all about the categories

http://www.welshpony.org/

Welsh are smart as a whip, good riding or driving, typically easy keepers, they are great ponies and there are clubs all over the US. I used to belong to a club here in the northwest and the people were so nice and loved to visit and go to shows and have fun. Lots of kids are also involved so the welsh is a super family breed.

Thanks for the links! I was already on the welsh pony society site!

I know he needs more weight and the other link helps me to know where he should be Like i said earlier he was on pasture for 8months with hay and no Grain it was kinda a sad situation for the family and the horses the mom and girls were doing hte best they could do.

Thanks for the help!

RNR

One more question! If he is over 12.2 hh can he be switched to a B on his papers or is there more to it than just hight?

Thanks for the links! I was already on the welsh pony society site!

I know he needs more weight and the other link helps me to know where he should be Like i said earlier he was on pasture for 8months with hay and no Grain it was kinda a sad situation for the family and the horses the mom and girls were doing hte best they could do.

Thanks for the help!

RNR

One more question! If he is over 12.2 hh can he be switched to a B on his papers or is there more to it than just hight?
I believe he would then become a B, but email the society and ask them. If he is 4 he should not get any taller only fill out more. I figured you might like the pic's as they give a good idea of just how tanky these ponies are :bgrin no neck sweats, no shaving, a truly wash and wear breed
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back