My Kids Got Out Last Night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
Last night all 3 of my minis got out. My clot tends to play with the latches. Anyway, the only way out of the pen is through the yard which has another gate. But, the feed shed with the ton of hay and the grain which is not locked up is also in the yard. Well, I am proud of my brats. They are never really HUNGRY (I feed 2x's a day). They didn't get any of the grain and maybe ate 1/2 flake of hay. They didn't even do any dammage. When they were found they were lounging about the back yard. Good kids.

WOW, that is pretty scarey! Thank God they never got into the grain!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness!! That could have been disastrous. I am thankful they didn't get a hold of that grain :DOH!

Thank goodness they didnt get hurt or eat too much!!

I think it scares 10 years off your life to find your horses out!

One morning my husband was going to work and when he went out Sumans gate was WIDE open!! He thinks oh %*#!, then looks up and there is Suman just standing there eating grass in front of our daughters window!!

He called me and said "get out here Suman is out" so then I was scared silly! Walked out and he just looks up at me like " Hey whats the big deal, I am just grazing" Thank goodness he as a thoroughbred is a constant gut!!

He had gotten his head under the chain and raised up hard enough to break it, we found the clip very far away!!

Glad yours were all accounted for and safe!! Hope they didnt scare too many years off of you!!

OMGosh! Glad everything was OK!
default_aktion033.gif
Mine have broken down the door to the feed room several times and they tear the place up!!! Plus they make themselves sick!! We've reinforced the door to the point it's like opening a bank vault, but something tells me they'll still figure another way into it! :DOH!

My boys were pretty good too. Once We left the large pasture gate open and forgot to close it. Then we turned our minis out. Didn't even see the open gate. :DOH! Later I came out they were still in the field, didn't even notice the gate standing wide open.

That was a close call
default_new_shocked.gif

I understand the feeling it leaves with you, my Bailey escaped, under the fence. It was one scarey moment.

I'm so paranoid about them getting into the grain that even though it's a pain, we keep it in a locked bin up next to the house.

Recently, one of us left the fence in our temporary corral unelectrified, and Flash just happened to test it and climbed through. When Keith left for work at 4am, he turned on the headlights to see Flash standing on the wrong side of the fence...he's too buddy bound to ever leave the others, and Scarlet's corral is like Fort Knox. He was actually happy to be put back where he belonged.

I'd lock up your grain just to be safe...I also worry about neighbor kids deciding to feed them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks goodness they did not got to town on the free buffet! Once I ran to get something out of the tack room in our barn and left the stall door open by mistake and Fancy started fallowing me. she started going for the grass of course but i was freaking out because she walked right by the pool. You can imaging the sight of me when i saw her leasurly walking around the pool. :DOH! I grab the reluctant to leave her grass pony and brought her back to the stall but boy was that a freaky moment.
default_rolleyes.gif

When I had our Clydesdale I looked out back and couldn't see any of the horses. I headed out toward the barn and a pair of giant ears and big eyes popped up in the window in the feed room - one clyde and six minis in a about a 10 x 10 space. Fortunately no one could get to very much of the feed or hay because there was no room to move. We changed the lock to put it on the outside of the door since the Clyde could opwn the door. I had to put a smaller turning deadbolt so she couldn't turn that. When it was a big latch she could get it in her lips and flip it!

Dusty the colt just keeps it up. Last night he tried to open the back gate again
default_new_shocked.gif
. That didn't work fast enough for him. So, he went and opened the chicken pen.
default_wacko.png
. I think I am gonna have to kill him. He is just too smart for his own good.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back