My high risk mare foaled

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle

Reaction score
Finally after several years of trying my mare Britt gave birth to a beautiful colt. She was induced as I wanted to make sure the vet was here and thank goodness she was cos it was a red bag and even though the vet had him out in seconds he suffered and was a dummy foal. He was born at 7.00pm Wednesday and I had to milk mum and feed him every 30 mins day and night
default_thud.gif
Wow was that hard work, until finally on Saturday morning he found mum's udder
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif

I would like to personally thank the wonderful ladies on the Mare and Foal page for all their excellent advice and great support and for just being there for me through those VERY long nights.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Anyway here he is:

Dreaming Magic aka Merlin

Merlin 6 days old 006.jpg

Merlin 6 days old 007.jpg

27 May.JPG

There he is - our precious little Merlin!!
default_firstprize.gif

All we did Renee was to help you stay awake through those long days and nights when you were also trying to cope with a family and Izzy's puppies - it was your care, attention and determination (and Britt's patience and co-operation, bless her) that pulled the little fella through!
default_yes.gif

Well done my friend, it was an amazing effort!
default_thumbup.gif

CONGRATULATIONS Renee!!! He looks like a little doll (but don't tell him that - I am not sure boys like to hear that LOL).

I am glad it went well.
default_worshippy.gif

There he is - uncovered at last! A huge congratuatlions! Your dedication to his care and feeding (while doing everything else!) was an inspiration to us all who were reading and watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
How scary for you all! Glad everyone is doing well now!

Renee, I don't know how you've found the strength to do it all, but somehow you did. And look at the beauty you have to show for it!!! Congratulations on a job VERY well done.

Simply adorable! Glad he made it!

Renee, I'm so happy to see pictures of little Merlin! He is beautiful! What a wonderful mum you are, for sure! Your horses are truly blessed to have you!

Latest posts

Back