My first oil painting (almost done)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my first oil painting. I'm taking Oil/Acrylics 1 in school and our first assignment was to paint a pear from a still life set up, after drawing it. I don't have photos of the drawing as it's hanging up at school. But it's going in my school's art show and this painting is headed that way too, as well as in the Scholastic Art Show that will take place at my school. Although it's not my favorite subject to be painting, I'm very happy with how this has turned out (after complaining that I didn't like it for the longest time)! All I have to finish up is the rest of the clamp and a few touch ups.

The flash on my camera messed up the photo a bit and gave it a glare but it was the best I could get.

2zic39l.jpg

Here's another photo, a bit closer.

bhhw2e.jpg

Thanks for looking! My next project is a black and white painting without using black- we have to mix our own. I'm painting my sister's cat who went missing this summer, hopefully it will turn out well enough to be a Christmas present. It's fun to be able to learn new things like this and I'm so thankful that my high school gives me this opportunity!

Rebecca

All I can think is...WOW!
default_new_shocked.gif

If that is only your first attempt..you should do very well for yourself.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Thank you so much!
default_wub.png
I have my whole life ahead of me to continue to learn, I'm excited!

Rebecca

Rebecca, after reading Sue's post I had to go back and look again....I had thought I was looking at the actual pear. I didnt realize that was a photo of your actual painting...you are very talented...holey schmoley...it looks so real!! Great job!!

I think its turning out very well. I almost feel bad for the pear being in a clamp
default_biggrin.png
but on the other hand its unusual and cool
default_yes.gif

Wow that is fantastic1 Oil is a very hard medium! Good luck on your new one!

Oh hey! That's really GOOD!!

Keep that up & you'll go places!
default_yes.gif

Way to go!

Latest posts

Back