My birthday present to myself

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]I love CORGIS!!There so cute!!Nice dogs to my grandma has one!!Congrats on ur present!Very cute![/SIZE]

Ok, color me stupid, but what are the main differences in the two cockers?

Happy belated birthday and what a wonderful gift!! ( My kind of gift - if I do say so my self! )
rolleyes.gif
He looks just like my cocker Sammie and his name is the same as my first cocker - he was a blonde though. They are wonderful little fellow's!!
aktion033.gif

This is my Sammie!

SAMMIEANDMEOWMEOWO4.jpg

Ashley, basically they are tow different breeds- I am not sure what breeds were used to create the American Cocker but it is not, to my knowledge , used as a Gundog, so it has lost a lot of the attributes- such as a greasy, non-shedding coat. The English Cocker is also no longer used as a Gundog- it is supposed to be and there may well be a few working strains left but it is now, essentially, a pet. There is a breed called the"Working Cocker" that was bred using any spaniel that could work well and takes the place of the Cocker Spaniel in the working world.

Well I will say one thing, if I was a bird hunter I have the right dog for it. IM trying to get my friend to teach her and use her for that as she hunts alot. I do think my dog would love it.

Back