My birthday present to myself

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jenn

murphyweb1.jpg

This is Murphy, my co cker spaniel puppy I bought for myself last Saturday (my birthday was Friday). He's VERY sweet and lovable, but evil at the same time - my kind of dog! Murphy makes dog #4 for us - we had to put down our old co cker about a month ago and three dogs just aren't enough.

Right now he's living in the chicken coop with the kittens that someone dumped off for us until he gets a little older - he was born September 8 so he's just a baby yet! But, of course, he gets to come into the house several times a day for visits.

murphyweb2.jpg

Wow! That is one very adorable Birthday present. He looks like a very cute snuggle bunny.
wink.gif

Very cute! He looks like my Mitzy did, except she is black and tan. At 7 months she still is a holy terror.

Is he gonna be a outside dog?

I really do think he would much rather be a house dog
smile.gif
They do get very attached to people. My Mitzy freaks and stops eatting if she is out side with out me. IN the summer time when I am at the farm she is out side as I cant have her inside. She barely eats the whole time.

He'll be an outside dog. He was born and raised outdoors (run into the barn) and he LOVES being outside and "helping" with whatever we're doing. A house is a pretty boring place for him!

[SIZE=14pt]What an adorable child!!! Lucky you![/SIZE]

Lyn

Well glad to see you have a happy, and cute out door helper.
aktion033.gif

AWWWWW he is so cute. I remember when Alex, our cocker was a puppy. And have the teeth marks on the table to help me to remember too. LOL But that was two years ago and now Alex is a beautiful (in my eyes anyway) grown up girl. Right now in need of a hair cut but we still love her. She also has white on her chest.

alex.jpg

Oh and belated Happy Birthday too.

dog10.gif
dog45.gif
dog20.gif
dog56.gif
dog4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Cocker people enlighten me.... how much do they shed? My corgis can leave enough undercoat behind to make a small dog at times and combined with all of Esthers hair...we cant tell whose is whos because it is all red..... well you get the picture. Barry runs after them with the dust buster! I have always loved a cocker face and in my childhood a vaguely remember our old cocker Pasha who only spoke German, he was also black but when I was very ill with pneumonia AND chickenpox that dog never left my bed except to go potty. I have always wanted another one.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Aaawww he's beautiful l'll babysit him anytime.
biggrin.gif

Just too cute for words!

He looks like a lot of fun and cuddle power!

Enjoy and happy birthday!

Liz M.

What a sweet face he has
yes.gif
Enjoy him & happy birthday, to you.

Happy belated birthday Jenn!

He's a real cutie pie. I betcha he's going to be a handful too, but a great companion for the baby!!!

[SIZE=14pt]Lyn,[/SIZE]

My cockers don't shed at all - besides Murphy, I have a four year old mostly co cker spaniel (his parentage is a subject of interest ... he needs to go on Maury) and a five year old co cker/Aussie and neither of them shed. But when we had a female (put her down about 3.5 years ago), she left hair behind all over the place, maybe related to whelping puppies, though. Our old male that we put down recently didn't shed, either.

My female pup sheds ALOT. Im constantly cleaning up after her. Yes she gets a hair cut every month as well.

But if you love the dog, then it dont matter how much they shed.

HOw old are cockers before they stop the puppy stage?

Mitzy has left me teeth marks on my new couch as well, not to happy about that.

The other cockers we had, I barely remember so cant say how much they shed.

[SIZE=14pt]Jenn --[/SIZE]

He is adorable!!!!!!!!!!! And, I love his name!!! My parents have an almost 1yo Bearded Collie puppy who is also named Murphy
smile.gif

And, Lyn, Cockers do shed A LOT!!! We had one when I was growing up, and Harvey and I also.

IF you're looking to add a new breed to your place, get a collie!!! You will not regret it!!! (trying to exert peer pressure).

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]English Cockers don't shed, which is why they are clipped- maybe something to do with whatever they crossed in to get the American Cocker?? My friends three, even the very old one does not shed hardly at all, you can " pluck" her but she too old for hand stripping so she gets clipped! They have a very oily coat, too. Lyn, my corgis were a nightmare!! Wish I had known about BOSS when I had them! I feed it ground up to the Dobes and they hardly shed at all. Might work??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]That's probably the difference - our old male was an English cocker rather than an American cocker. The female was an American. I feel the English dogs are superior because they don't have the breathing problems the Americans do. The Americans have shorter snouts, something I don't like as much. [/SIZE]

Murphy's parents didn't shed that I could notice, I saw where they slept and there was no hair there.

Hey Jenn,

Good to see ya!

What a great pup! I, too, grew up with a cocker mix, and he was the best companion to all of us, and a great babysitter. Sounds like Murphy will be a good age when your human "pup" gets here.

And, by the way -- congratulations on being in "the family way!"

Back