My barn cameras came today!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobbsFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]My 4 GE Colorcams and my 4 camera switch box came today. I am so excited!
default_yes.gif
: I just looked up the tracking number and tracked my Fed Ex shipment on the Leapfrog Wavemaster transmitter/receiver box and it is showing that it is on the truck and scheduled for today too! :aktion033: :aktion033: This is like Christmas for me! If is gets here in time with some daylight left, I will try to get out there to the barn and hook a camera up and let you know how it works. A couple of you know how excited I am about this having a jennet about to foal!
[/SIZE]

Corinne, if these do work for me and you buy more, let me tell you where I finally found them and they had a great deal on them too. A computer glitch on the order page saved me even a little more money! :aktion033: It's sort of complicated, but I'll email you about it when you decide to do it.

Teri, I'm going to look and see what it says in the manual or whatever about the metal barns and let you know too. Shannon :bgrin

If you need any help with them let me know, I build, wire, and install color digital DVR based camera systems at work sometimes.

Show us some pics after you get it going

[SIZE=12pt]Well, that just went way over my head! Are you planning a trip to Alabama soon??
default_yes.gif
: I just thought I would be able to watch the barn from the house. Do you mean that I could hook the Wavemaster up to my DVR recorder and take pictures or possible record the birth if I could catch it?? :new_shocked: I don't know if I'm smart enough to hook something like that up...lol!
[/SIZE]

AND, my bubble burst when I started getting my cameras out to read the box and I realized that they sent me GE MicroCam with Nightvision cameras instead of the ColorCams that I ordered! I guess I will make the dreaded phone call to customer service now... What a let down...
default_sad.png
Shannon

I am not sure what kind of cameras you got by GE. I assume it is some kind of CCTV(Closed Circuit TV). Camera hooks to a monitor of some kind with a coax type cord (reg tv cable cord)

If so you can stick a time lapse VCR between the camera and monitor to record what it sees. Sorry you got the wrong thing, maybe they will upgrade your shipping to onvernight for free. Be harsh with them, the rougher you are with them the more they will give you for free.

Tell them your story is posted on a discussion site with over 100,000 visitors a month, that will make them very helpful. I did that to a car dealer once and he offered to finance any car on the lot to make up for his boo boo; but I went down the road to the next lot.

[SIZE=12pt]I am so non-confrontational! I still try to attract flies with honey - until I get pushed into a corner and then I think I can be quite scary! Thanks for the advice! Of course when I called them the lady couldn't find any record of my order on her computer so I am waiting for somebody else to call me back. We'll see... The last thing that lady told me was "well, you will have to ship those cameras back to us". I should have said "send FedEx for a pick up and I will have the package ready" but I didn't say anything. We will see what they expect me to do.
default_wacko.png
:
[/SIZE]

Anyway, the cameras were supposed to be GE ColorCam Home monitoring systems. They would hook up to a tv, or in my case, the wireless transmitter, with RCA jacks so that I can view a couple of my barn stalls from my tv in the house. After I get the correct cameras and get it hooked up, if it works, I will let you help me figure out if/how I can record from them. :aktion033: Sure would be neat to do a wireless feed to my laptop too...

Hi, That was fast! :aktion033: I am glad you were able to find the same system as I have. I LOVE mine. I did forget to tell you that we do have ours hooked into a vhs, and YES, we can record it. I am about to order more night vision cameras from GE now. I am sure I will be talking to you later.
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin I bet your excited. Corinne

[SIZE=12pt]Corinne, you might want to wait a day or so. Did you read the posts about them sending the wrong cameras? I got 4 MicroCams with nightvision instead of the ColorCams. I have got to run back out to the barn right now, but I will get back to you in a little bit. You might could get these cheaper from me. What are you paying for them?[/SIZE]

What a bummer
default_unsure.png
: I was so excited for you Shannon till I read down the post...It's always something!! Where did you order it from? Sounds like there is lots of help here...too bad we are not all neighbors
default_yes.gif
: I know I'll need some kind of help when I get mine ...can't wait to hear what it says about metal barns. Just remember they came pretty fast , so hopefully the replacements will arrive fast too
default_yes.gif
: Teri

[SIZE=12pt]Good news... :eek:
default_smile.png
They called me back today (and in a timely manner) and said that they had the correct cameras and will be shipping them out today with a label to send the others back. So I will hook them up when they arrive and let you guys know how it works! Shannon
[/SIZE]

Corinne, they said they were going to send a label for me to ship the others back to them and it won't cost me anything so I guess that would be easiest for everybody. But I will give you the website if you want it and you can get the same deal there! I hope your day was better today too btw...
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Teri, I hope you're right and it doesn't take long. I will let you know when I find out about the metal barn, but you may want to ask Littledonkeys.com because he knows a lot about that stuff. Yeh, I wish we all lived a little closer so when we figured things out, we could help each other!!
default_yes.gif
: I got them from a place called Sadoun. Just let me know if you want more info.

[SIZE=12pt]My cameras (the correct GE ColorCams) came today! :aktion033: I will try to get it all hooked up this weekend so I can see if it is going to work properly. I have hooked up a camera and the transmitter/receiver in my daughter's room and I am watching her play before she goes to sleep for her nap. She's 7 months old and has just learned how to pull herself up to standing in her crib. She's so funny to sit here and watch when she doesn't know I'm watching her! So this part seems to be working good, the real test will be when I move the cameras and transmitter out to the barn. Keep your fingers crossed... [/SIZE]

Glad to hear you got the correct cameras. I bet your having fun just "spying" on your daughter...lol... . I'll talk to you tonight. Corinne

WoW...the replacements came fast too. I bet your having fun peaking in on your daughter
default_yes.gif
: They just had listening devices when my kids were young....lol...I felt so spoiled just to have that
default_smile.png
Are you going to have a link to your camera so we can all watch :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: Teri

[SIZE=12pt]That would be so neat but I have no idea how to do that... If anyone wants to share an easy way (if there is an easy way) to do that, I will try to hook it up when I get my cameras hooked up. :aktion033: I live out in the country and don't have high speed out here, just dial up, so I'm not even sure it would work![/SIZE]

Wouldn't that be neat
default_yes.gif
: I think you can do it with dial up (I have that as well) With dial up I think the frames would change like every 30 seconds or so...I don't know, I think you might control that (how often it refreshes) I am quite sure that "high speed" would be like a live feed. Here, I'll show you a link off the coast where I live...I look at this most everyday to see when the storms are coming
default_wink.png
: ( I am sure this is a high speed live feed)

http://www.harborresort.com/cameras.html

[SIZE=12pt]That is a great live feed.
default_yes.gif
: How pretty it must be living up there! It does look high speed to me with as often as it refreshes. I have got to get my cameras set up first and then I will try to figure that part out!
[/SIZE]

Teri, I read the whole book on the cameras and transmitter and it didn't say anything about the metal buildings, whether it would work or wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure that Littledonkeys.com could help you with that though.
default_yes.gif
: He builds camera systems for businesses I believe. Shannon :bgrin

Latest posts

Back