My Amazing Discovery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
:new_shocked: Wow - just gotta share this one. It's absolutely the best ever thing I've ever seen for removing hair from a shedding horse.

What is it? (you may ask.) As silly as it sounds it's a spaghetti spoon!! You know one of those things you use to stir spaghetti while it's cooking. The kind with the tines on it.

You may be wondering what the heck is this woman doing with a spaghetti stirrer in her barn.
default_wacko.png
:

(I know I'd be wondering.) Actually I had picked it up (.99 or some such thing) to use to get hay out of the water troughs. Actually worked pretty well for that.

Anyway, when I went out to feed tonight, I just happened to pick it up when I went in my bigg'uns stall. Thought I'd scratch his back with it for a minute. I was absolutely astounded at the hair that it took off.

Those things are worth their weight in gold for use on a shedding horse. I've used a lot of different things; the Grooming Block being my favorite until tonight. And Dee loved it too. He's very demonstrative when I hit itchy spots and he was showing me lots of them tonight. So not only was he getting a good scratching but I was getting loads of hair off.

Try it - I promise you'll be pleased (and so will your horses).
default_yes.gif
: Never found anything this good at any tack/feed/equine store.

I'm a sucker for anything new and my horses are definately in need of something. After three months out to pasture they look like grubs, definately in need of a makeover and they have lots of hair to lose SOON :bgrin . I'll have to try it out tomorrow (sorry Mom I don't know where it went :hypocrite: )

you know what else works well, Rubber gloves. and you actually feel the horse as you rub him.

Ummmmm - rubber gloves - gotta try that.

If any of you try the spoon thing I would love to hear what ya think.

I have one in my kitchen drawer that I never seem to remember to use for spaghetti. If I can remember....will take it down to the barn tonight and check it out.

Thanks for the tip!!

Here's another one.......

When I'm out doing pooper scooping and using the little mini rake, you should see the line of horsey butts being presented to me for a scratch with my rake! :lol:

That little rake sure does pull up a ton of fur this time of year!

MA

I did the spagetti spoon today during feeding and Sasha loved it. Took bunches of hair off too. Miss Sasha, who NEVER leaves her feed, followed me when I stopped scratching her. She LOVED it.

Latest posts

Back