Miniature Story

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILVER

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been asked to do a little blurp to do with my miniature horses for a women's group/newspaper and I am NOT a writer in any way shape or form.

I think just a short blurp about the breed, their uses, show or not to show and any bits at all that I can put into a brief story I would really appreciate the help. Thank you so much for any/all help.

OK, first of all, how long is this supposed to be? That will determine a lot about what you can write.

Keep the number of aspects you touch on reasonable to the length.

Next, who's your target audience? Women's group, good. But what kind of women? Are they the kind that would be interested in the gentler, companion minis or are they horse-experienced ladies who would take and interest in the show quality. Will they understand details, or should you use language that is more vague?

One subject that seems interesting to most is driving. People always want to know what you do with a horse you can't ride. Driving seems to be a logical answer those who haven't spent enough time with them yet to learn that sometimes they're nice to hang out with. It's also a good lead in to the versatility of these animals and their ability to learn whatever we want them to.

Other than that, just speak from the heart. Tell them why you love Miniature Horses, what you do with your time around them and what your dreams with them are. If you're just honest about something you love, you'll do fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Strass for a good outline for me to consider. I think that is sometimes a struggle point for me. I think I will have time to work on it over the weekend. I am going to a Seniors Home tomorrow with a couple of them. The seniors so enjoy them. One elderly lady a couple years ago had tears in her eyes and said she didn't think she would ever get to touch the soft velvet of a horses nose again. It is a lot of work to get them to these places, but oh are we ever blessed by doing the trip. Thanks again for some starting points on the story.

Latest posts

Back