Mini show halters...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyluva97

Reaction score
just wondering, i have a black mini gelding, i wanted to get one of these halters for him, should i get one like the picture, or should i get one the same but instead of gold flowers, get silver, so either a full silver setting noseband or the same as the pic? which do you think would suit best?

thanks in advance!
default_yes.gif
STT_TMflowersml__06742_std.JPG\

just found a pic of the silver setting one (second last on the second row) 534555_379077812170042_1152985101_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think a contrasting silver (with as little black as possible) would look amazing...I especially like the second row last one (the thicker looking one)...very manly...

Sandi

I love both halters.

I would say it depends on the shape and length of your horses head. If you are wanting to break up a long head, I would get the silver one. If he has an amazing head, I wouldn't want anything to detract from it and go with the gold.

Then again... does he have white face markings? if so, gold could clash and you may be better with silver. Do you have pictures of your boy and head pics as well you can share?

Here are two pictures of my horses, both wearing the same gold halter and my other black pinto with a lot of face white wearing a Silver Noseband halter. It all depends on the horse!
default_smile.png

Pistol champ.jpg

aspenhead.jpg

biggie2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your help!, he is pure black, no white, he is new, coming in the next week so i don't have any pics yet, he doesn't have a very flash head it is quite short and broad, i don't know if that helps.

I generally prefer silver on a black horse BUT...I think that first halter you posted the picture will look very sharp on black. I think I would go with that one.

Well, he arrived yesterday morning, i clipped his head and it is very short and plain but i tried some of the show halter that i have on him (all were miles too big but i could see what worked and what didn't) i had a purple and clear tiffany which just didn't look right and then i tried a black and gold victor but it just looked too plain and then i tried 2 magics on him. the first was a red and clear but the colour clashed too much and the second was a green and clear wich look really nice, so i think i am going to get him a blue and clear with the silver settings because the blue goes with black. i am going to clip him off in the next few days so i will hopefull post some pics so you get see what he looks like
default_smile.png
(he is nothing special and has a few faults so maybe people to tell me their opinions to see what i should work on with him
default_smile.png
)

Latest posts

Back