Mini Shoes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMMack

Reaction score
A Co-Worker that evaluates animals for Pet Therapy sent me a picture of her friend's Mini wearing "Build A Bear" High Topper Tennis Shoes, and said that it was okay to share. I think they are just adorable, they look like they fit very well, and are very inexpensive.

MiniTennisShoes.jpg

I contacted a Lady on ebay that sells the "Build A Bear" shoes, and she said that they come in Pink or Black and would run about $5 per pair - here is the ebay auction so that you can get more details on them:

She was willing to sell them direct for Mini horse use, and can be reached at: [email protected] (her name is Lauri) if you are interested in talking to her about them! :bgrin

They look like they would be great for Nursing Home visits or Hospital visits. They are shown here being worn outside, but I don't have a clue how they would hold up! It would be great if we could use them for driving too, on rough or very hard roads! For the price, we are probably going to try a couple of pair to see how they work! If nothing else, it would be a Blast dressing up the Fids in a couple pair! LOL!!!
default_wub.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We have several pair of the build a bear shoes.

We got them with the thought to use them as non skid boots for indoor therapy work.

We have been testing them on the horses and so far so good. We have had them on for up to 2 hours at a time but have not had them on for "road work".

No I haven't trusted them enough to drive in them.

I have used them on a mare which required hoof coverage 24/7 for awhile, and they never came off or made her heels sore. I have been thinking of taking a pair to my local shoemaker, to ask if he could make me a soft leather pair, with sewn-on soles. If he can...those, I would try in a driving situation...
default_yes.gif
:

If and when I do have them made, I shall post them here, and let you all know how they worked...or didn't.

I use them on my minis when we visit nursing homes. They are wonderful and fit so well unless you have a teeny tiny mini like my stud which they won't fit they are too big........lol

I just ordered two pair (4 shoes) of the pink and white ones for little 27" Shortcake. Hope they fit her. Does it take them long to get used to wearing them?.

Will post pictures if and when snow goes away.

Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered two pair (4 shoes) of the pink and white ones for little 27" Shortcake. Hope they fit her. Does it take them long to get used to wearing them?.

Will post pictures if and when snow goes away.

Maxine
LOL!!! Maxine, you are SO CUTE!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

I can't wait to see pics of that darling little girl in her new Go To Church Shoes!!!
default_wink.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back